Join now - be part of our community!

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

Hi all,

I'm finding the 3D on the 79X9005B to be faulty.

Seems there's a lot of motion blur in fast moving scenes.

There's a thread on the U.S. forums about the passive 3D on the X850B having the same issue.

A user (rconn2), has found by having a PC send a 3D image that has been interleaved, and outputted at 4k (basically what the TV does with 3D), that the motion blur doesn't happen at all. This works as the PC is alternating pixel rows between the polarised left and right image so the TV is just displaying a 4k image and doesn't need to do any 3D processing itself.

Can Sony address this please?

Support are finally offering to send out an engineer, what I don't want is to waste time when they come. Can others with the set post here if they have similar issues.

55 REPLIES 55
profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Hi,

Is there any news on my issue with having to wear the glasses upside down? 

I can't be the only one with this issue.

Rich

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Hi Richgee, not having to wear glasses upside down myself, what's making you have to do that?

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Hi, I have always had to do it, it was suggested to me by someone on a different forum which at first I thought was crazy but when I flipped the glasses the difference was amazing.

I think this upside down issue only affects the 65X8505 model.

I went to the cinema to watch a 3D film and tried turning the glasses upside down and that is what I see when I watch 3d on my tv, I also hoped that maybe I had a faulty batch of glasses but the cinema glasses I brought home were the same.

Rich

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Sounds like the TV is sending left/right images to the wrong rows of pixels.

A possible solution could be to split open some cinema glasses and swap the lenses.

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Any chance v2304 removed the fix?

Watched Captian America Winter Soldier in 3D last night and it was pretty hard going.

Will try avatar tonight to see if the scene near the start with the black beast functions correctly

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

@Anonymous

hi quinnicus,

Was wondering if you could speak to Sony about artefacts when using Smooth in 3D mode.

basically I sometimes see blocks around objects when using Smooth motion flow.

For example in Jurassic World, when Jessica Chastain is in her car driving at speed, the door lock *****, has blocky artefacts around it, it's like the image processing can't keep up.