Join now - be part of our community!

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

Hi all,

I'm finding the 3D on the 79X9005B to be faulty.

Seems there's a lot of motion blur in fast moving scenes.

There's a thread on the U.S. forums about the passive 3D on the X850B having the same issue.

A user (rconn2), has found by having a PC send a 3D image that has been interleaved, and outputted at 4k (basically what the TV does with 3D), that the motion blur doesn't happen at all. This works as the PC is alternating pixel rows between the polarised left and right image so the TV is just displaying a 4k image and doesn't need to do any 3D processing itself.

Can Sony address this please?

Support are finally offering to send out an engineer, what I don't want is to waste time when they come. Can others with the set post here if they have similar issues.

55 REPLIES 55
profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

They've replied now apologising and re put in a repair request, so I guess will have to wait again.

The customer service is an utter joke. Paying a lot of money for. TV and buying extending warranty, and you just end up with automated responses.

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Finally got the call today from the service centre.

Woman I spoke to asked about the issue.  She said you need (just so people are aware):

Proof of purchase - so I have recept from Sony.co.uk

She asked about the box, unfortunately I haven't kept it, it was massive and not really practical for my flat. So that sounds like I'm stuck there.

She then put me through to the Engineer, I explained, soon as the TV is handling 3D processing itself, motion blur is an issue and fast moving imagery is almost impossible to focus on, but 2D is fine.  He said they'd take a look.

Not sure what the next steps are, I imagine they'll get in contact for him to come and view the TV.

Sounds like not having the box will be an issue (frustrating as I kept it as long as I could, but couldn't keep waiting for support to come back).  So ensure you have your box if you have issues.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Thanks for the update, lucky for me I kept my box. You may find that they will want to take it away for repair.

I haven't heard anything yet but I don't expect to.

Let us know what happens :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Yeah, likely puts me in a bad spot.

The fact that when it was delivered, it had to be taken out of the box (due to stupid tight corner in my apparment block) probably means they'd never take it away anyway.  So I may be out of luck.

Least can see what happens when he comes.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Any update from the engineers yet?

Thanks

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill bump/nudge them for an update.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Hi,

Can you bump/nudge them a bit harder please :slight_smile:

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have :slight_smile:  Unfortunately I have not received a reply as of yet. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, unfortunately this problem is still under investigation with the engineers.  I have no other information - when information comes to light, they will be posted back here.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Richgee, did you get a repairs booked.

Mine is due this Friday but unfortunately have to cancel as need to go away.

they said they'd just pick up the set, not check in situ