Join now - be part of our community!

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

Hi all,

I'm finding the 3D on the 79X9005B to be faulty.

Seems there's a lot of motion blur in fast moving scenes.

There's a thread on the U.S. forums about the passive 3D on the X850B having the same issue.

A user (rconn2), has found by having a PC send a 3D image that has been interleaved, and outputted at 4k (basically what the TV does with 3D), that the motion blur doesn't happen at all. This works as the PC is alternating pixel rows between the polarised left and right image so the TV is just displaying a 4k image and doesn't need to do any 3D processing itself.

Can Sony address this please?

Support are finally offering to send out an engineer, what I don't want is to waste time when they come. Can others with the set post here if they have similar issues.

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is probably little that this forum can do to resolve your issues other than be a collective for others are also experienceing this problem.  Hopefully when the Sony Engineer comes around, they can at least see/confirm this problem - which is the first step in the troubleshooting process.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

I hope so, still waiting on the call for the visit to be arranged.

If in the meantime others with the issue could post here, will help in encouraging Sony to fix the software.

i managed to get my Mac mini to display a 3D SBS image interleaved outputting at 4k, and the motion issue wasn't present as the TV didn't have to process th3D image, so it's deffinately a software issue.

yandybox

Hi samkerracher, did you get this resolved? I have just bought the 65x8505 and this has the 3d issue you have, i have just contacted sony to find out what can be done. Hopefully it can be fixed, because this is the main reason i bought the tv. Youtube. Clips or 3d clips on a usb stick work perfectly.
profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

No word yet but could be due to holidays. Althought to be honest based ob previous dealings with them doubt I will get a call without chasing it up and going through the whole automated suggestions that it's not a Uk product, then they apologise when I say i bought it from sony.co.uk, then they suggest to reset settings
yandybox

Good to know what to expect. I need to backtrack on the usb files being perfect, they still show signs of a fault. I bought my tv from John Lewis, and have contacted them also, so see who gets in touch first.
Good luck, and please report here if you get it sorted.
yandybox

Hi mate, I noticed you on the U.S. site so this is for anyone else lurking this page.

If anyone has the 3d going blurry on their tv like we are, can you try something. When it all starts going wierd can you rewind the scene, flip your 3d glasses over ( left eye to right eye,etc) and view it again. (this is just temporary to test an issue)

You may notice certain things look the way they should even with the glasses on the wrong way. The television is sending information to the wrong eye. This happens on fast moving scenes, and ruins the 3d effect.

This is a fault with your television and needs fixing, so contact Sony and lets get this fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

I too have the 65X8505B with the 3D issue.

I have emailed Sony but I'm not expecting much help from them, looking through this forum its filled with people complaining about their CS.

I'm just hoping that its a software issue as I love the TV apart from the 3D but reading the US forum some are saying its the hardware at fault.

Rich

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Still nothing from CS on booking in the engineer.  They said they'd call 3 weeks ago.  Sent a mail a few days ago to chase up and not heard back yet, so sent another.

I'll give the upside down glasses a go.  I did notice that closing one eye, shows a rock solid image, so I believe it's like others on the US site are saying, it's likely that the left and right come out of sync.

This all seems to be software related though, as the 3D is just displaying alternating rows of pixels on the 4k display.  Unless the hardware driving the processing of this just isn't powerful enough (but not sure why faster moving images make a difference, it's just 24 frames of video a second, wether the content has fast moving imagery or not).

yandybox

Its shocking if it turns out all the 65" sets have the 3d issue. As in the U.S. they have had this problem since at least August, and still produce this as a 3d set.

Last years 1080p model the 65w955 has passive 3d without this issue, how can they get it so wrong on this set?

Dont get me wrong its a good tv, good, not brilliant and definitely not worth the price if its not a (working) 3d set.

I will see what my engineer says tomorrow, may try a replacement set. But if the next one has the issue then I will never buy a Sony product again as they have the worst CS i have ever experienced.