Join now - be part of our community!

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

79X9005B passive 3D motion blur

Hi all,

I'm finding the 3D on the 79X9005B to be faulty.

Seems there's a lot of motion blur in fast moving scenes.

There's a thread on the U.S. forums about the passive 3D on the X850B having the same issue.

A user (rconn2), has found by having a PC send a 3D image that has been interleaved, and outputted at 4k (basically what the TV does with 3D), that the motion blur doesn't happen at all. This works as the PC is alternating pixel rows between the polarised left and right image so the TV is just displaying a 4k image and doesn't need to do any 3D processing itself.

Can Sony address this please?

Support are finally offering to send out an engineer, what I don't want is to waste time when they come. Can others with the set post here if they have similar issues.

55 REPLIES 55
yandybox

This is the email I got from CS.

Thank you for your recent email.

In an attempt to solve the issue, please follow the steps below:
1. Change the source of the 3D content, if you are playing it on a Blu-ray player, change this source.
2. Change the motion flow through the steps in the link below:
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HJ210111/EN/c_picscrn_adj_europe_4k.html

3. Change the 3D glasses brightness to Medium or Low.

Should you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us on the numbers below.
Yours sincerely,
Nourhan Zidan

Sony Customer Support
Sony Europe Limited

God help us all if this is the CS standard.
profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

This was the email that I got:

Thank you for contacting Sony Support regarding your KD-65X8505B. We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with the 3D.

In an attempt to solve the issue that you are experiencing, please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HA230111/EN/index_988_585.html

Should you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us on the numbers below.

Yours sincerely,

Nourhan Zidan

Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

yandybox

John Lewis dont seem to be getting the 65" of this tv in stock any longer (wonder why). I was hoping to swap the set and try another but, chances are that would have had the same fault.

So I have jumped ship to the Samsung 65" 4k tv.
I could have waited to see if Sony fixed this but the U.S. owners have been waiting 4 months for a fix, so will it ever come?

I may ask Kim Jong Un, he seems to know more about Sony than they do lol
profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

lol

I was just looking at the specs of this year's model.  Like the sound of HD audio on the TV, but it's 4inches smaller and they're active 3D as well, much prefer the passive 3D (when it actually looks decent!).

Going to think about sorting out a media PC solution properly.  New Mac mini for better spec than current one and external BD player.  Anyone know of Mac software that does the interleaving for 3D Blu-rays?

Bino I think doesn't play blu-rays.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Well, my plan is to wait a couple of months to see if sony have fixed the issue, if they haven't I'll get on to Currys to book an engineer and hopefully he will agree that it can't be fixed and I will get a credit note.

By that time Currys should have got some new 65" tv's in because at the moment stocks are quite low from all manufacturers in the same price bracket.

Which samsung did you go for?

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Not getting any reply from Sony now.  Doubt I'll ever have an engineer in.

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Just had an email from Sony

Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your query, please note that in case your TV is still In Warranty, you can provide us with the following information to arrange a repair for your TV from our end:

·         Your full address and postal code.

·         Date of purchase.

·         2 phone numbers.

·         Is the TV wall mounted?

·         Model number and serial number of your TV.

·         Extended warranty number if applicable.

However, if your TV is Out Of Warranty, then you will need to follow the link below to locate the nearest service centre using your postal code and our service centre engineers will help you out with further repair arrangements.

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Should you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Yours Sincerely, 
Sally
Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Just to let you know, Sony is aware of your issues on this matter and I am now awaiting feedback from TV Engineering.  So unfortunately I know nothing more at this stage.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

That's the mail I recieved and replied with my details. They then said the service centre would get in touch for sending an engineer out, that was 3 weeks ago and not heard back

profile.country.GB.title
RichGee16
Explorer

Oh well, I'll give them a few weeks and if nothing has happened I'll contact Currys.