Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32EX403 ethernet video playback

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bobrey
Visitor

Bravia KDL-32EX403 ethernet video playback

I have connected the tv to network via ethernet lan cable to router. This works fine and I can access internet as well as playback video ( avi,divX etc) stored on main pc using software utility Serviio.In addition same video files played back via media player connected by HDMI cable work fine. I have tried to playback same video files stored on network storage device ZyXel NSA310. Whilst I can see the video files when I try to playback there is no video nor sound. I can however play music MP3 files stored on same device. What do I need to do to be able to play video files via network ethernet connection as described?

Message was edited by: -Soup-

Broken link removed

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
etritd
New

make sure the video files are in a playable format:

AVCHD, MP4 (AVC) or MPEG1 format (not playable in some cases)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
etritd
New

make sure the video files are in a playable format:

AVCHD, MP4 (AVC) or MPEG1 format (not playable in some cases)

niwhite39
New

Your doing lots of things at once so split out your problems:

1, Serviio will transcode and play all your files for you on your TV unless this use some obsecure format.

2, The ZyXel NSA310 DLNA server is a bit limited and others have reported problems with certain file types not being listed.

3, If you have a media player then assuming its reasonable it will have better file compatilbity that the tv so you might not need Serviio but it won't get around limitations of your ZyXel.

If you need to convert your files for your media player or tv try using Handbrake, its free, multiplatform application.