Join now - be part of our community!

Internet content disappeared since rejoining Lovefilm

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
el51sb
Visitor

Internet content disappeared since rejoining Lovefilm

Since I resubscribed to Lovefilm yesterday all my internet content has disappeared - not just Lovefilm but iplayer, 5OD and the rest. When I refresh internet content it takes a long time and says it has done it but there is still no internet content.

The network connection is OK, since I can see my computer files via my router.

Any suggestions?

KDL-40NX713

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Maybe try a factory reset on the TV. This should fix whatever is glitching on the device.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
howtoon
Visitor

I can offer a partial answer in that when I turn on my Sony BlueRay player, and then use the menu to move across to "video", all the usual Internet Content is displayed.

I am currently trying to find which button to press to have the Internet Content visible on "Video" whilst the BlueRay is turned off.

The problem seems to lie with the remote controls for the TV and the Blueray and which buttons are pressed and I hope this gives you a clue for some experiments in that area yourself.

Good luck

Message was edited by: howtoon

Message was edited by: howtoon

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Maybe try a factory reset on the TV. This should fix whatever is glitching on the device.

Thanks

howtoon
Visitor

Problem resolved.  I spoke at length to Sony Support in Cairo on phone no: 0330 440 2060 (using "Included Minutes" on my mobile phone) and was talked through a Factory Reset of my Bravia KDL46NX703 (as Catmambo proposes) which also involved reconnecting to my LAN and refreshing the Internet Content, which itself took several minutes. When I then used the TV to visit "Video" in the Menu, all of the familiar Internet Content was displayed and I heaved a great sigh of relief.

The Helpdesk said it is worth doing a Factory Reset "every now and then" as it updates all the drivers to the latest versions.

I hope you can now get your own rig sorted and I apologise for any time you wasted in playing with the buttons - obviously the software on my BluRay player has not yet been updated.

el51sb
Visitor

Great! The factory reset worked and all is now OK.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Stephen