Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

I have received information to state that this has now been fully resolved.  Assuming that there are no further issues, im going to mark this thread as resolved now.

Thank you

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
weavingd
New

Hey,

Recently tried the thing after the app updated (i have Bravia kdl 47w805a) and the exact same thing is happening.

Tried also on my blueray (that used to work) and the same thing.

Have Amazon stopped them being compatible? Only thing I can think of....?!?!?!

Would love to know as would really like this solved (and not by buying a newer TV!)

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
scottdougall
Explorer

I have the exact same issue...

also - iPlayer is again not working - this problem had occured and had been fixed some time before christmas due to an incompatability at the BBC -

saved me trying to log in via my Bluray which would have been my next move...

hope this gets sorted asap

hamacting
New

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @hamacting for posting this link above - was just about to do so :slight_smile:

Ive also changed the thread title to reflect a more generic subject as it looks like its quite widespread across many models and devices.

A secondary link on Amazon: HERE

Cheers

BillyJoe1
Explorer

Prime appears to be working again but not bbc Iplayer. Certainly not impressed with Sony not able to access Netflix on my model  

TonyL9
Explorer

The issue I have is slightly worse. Until 2 days ago it was working OK but now when I select the Amazon icon I get this message:

'Your Amazon Video app has been updated. Please sign in.'

Problem is there are no input fields on the screen and therefore no way to enter email/password. This means I can't get an activation code for website activation either. The only way out is to click OK out and the message then comes up again, or press the Home button.

hamacting
New

Over on the Amazon forum a lot of people seem to be seenig this symptom too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=cs_hc_g_pg_pg2?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx2GBEOGDU758MG&... - it's about Samsung, but it's the same problems.

Clearly a bit of a botched job by Amazon... and to give them credit, they don't normally do that.

Spoiler
I have been talking to amazon and they are making out that its sonys problem and I have to deregister my TV on the website and re rregister it from the TV. Only I cant do this as I cant remember my password and they havent sent one after my request. I am so fed up im a 60 yr old woman who just wants to watch TV but have spent hours researching technical stuff and still not getting anywhere. I will probably have to pay someone to fix this or buy a new TV. Why cant companies be more user friendly. I think Sony and Amazon have both lost my custom.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

If you hang fire until tomorrow, ill try and find out on Sonys position on this.  In the meantime, it might help if you could start adding which devices are effected and the model numbers.

Cheers