Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nishmalek
Visitor

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

i have exactly the same problem as the other people who have written about this tv model on the forum and there seems to be manty many more out thereon forums reporting the same problem that sony will not acknowledge.

there are dark lines running down my screen and a dark shadow line about an inch think on the right hand side of my screen, this was more noticable when watching football. my tv is not under warrranty anymore but is only 2 and a 1/2 years old. it seems that sony have created their screens to only last this long as lots of people have the same complaint.

i have just rang sony and i have been told that "there is no known problems with this model" that is rubbish as clearly there are a few of us just on this forum with the same pronblem. So we are paying about £1000 for a tv that will only last 2.5 years. i am disgusted with the lack of help and support from the sony call centre staff who basically said i need to get it fixed myself and i need to book it in with a service engineer. I suspect this is a problem with the panel or with the screen where a replace ment would cost you more than getting a new set. it would cost me £45 just for someone to come out and tell me that without even having it repaired. as a dedicated sony buyer over the years i cannot believe that my most expensive buy has only lasted 2.5 years.

WHY IS SONY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??

258 REPLIES 258
virginreco
Visitor

Shouldn't need a 5 year guarantee with a Panasonic! :smileymischief:

adamski1881
Visitor

Same issues here. Had TV 4 years and shadows started after guys came to test for over heating. thought like others that i could not do anything as outside of warranty. having read forums contacted sony and just waiting on reply.

wellstuffed
Visitor

Just found out about this site while googling the problem outlined in this and other threads.

jMy 40v3000 (4 years old this week) has developed the fault (recently as far as I can tell) because it`s only realy visible for static shots where there is lots of one colour ie football.

With the Euros now on I watched the first game and had the vertical blurry type lines and assumed it was a wonky camera, but I then saw it in other matches at other stadiums, I did a test using my pc to have one colour and sure enough there were the lines, more visible in green for some unknown (to me) reason.

I had the tv inspected on the recall and it was OK.

I do find the screen gets quite hot (there is adequate ventilation).

Spoke to Sony today, went through a reset proceure but the problem is still there and a engineer inspection visit was organised £25 call out fee which would be taken off any repair cost.

After this research seeming to point in a new panel being the answer should I waste £25 on a call out and also be without a tv and pc.

I thought Sony were the bees knees for TVs ( I had a Sony dvd p[layer, never again) I`m now thinking the same about Sony TVs, a Panasonic next time for is a strong possibly and definitely not a Sony, I will also be informing people when they say they are looking for a new TV to stay away from Sony.

Message was edited by: wellstuffed

spelling

kippokid
Visitor

I bought my kdl-40v3000 nearly four years ago for £664, the initial dark mark on the right appeared after about 18 months, and the screen got quicky worse over the next few months. I didn't take out any warrenty so I think am basically stuck with a TV that's cost £166 a year and now needs replacing, and I wil NOT be buying Sony again!!

Has anyone had any joy getting anywhere with Sony without an extened warrenty?

IMG_7449.JPG

Message was edited by: kippokid

Just found this from Which: http://conversation.which.co.uk/technology/sony-bravia-lcd-tv-recall-overheating/comment-page-1/#com... Gonna give them a ring on Monday

kct1943
Explorer

Hi everyone, thought I would let you know that I have developed the same problem over the past week or two with my KDL 4OV3000.  The shadowy are seems to be inset with a dirty filter that has been placed over the image on the screen with an area of 2 inches all the way round still bright and normal. Very annoying. 

My Bravia was purchased for me through Staff Sales at Basingstoke and I have owned it for around 4 years.  It has had under 12000 hours of viewing only, and been well looked after with just my wife and myself living in our house.  Not a happy bunny and expected at least 80000 hours of stress free viewing.  The sound on this set is also attrocious.  Cheers hope this adds more fuel to the complaints. Below is a simulation of what I'm seeing created in Photoshop.  As much as I have been loyal to Sony and this is my 3rd television with that brand, I will be going back to Panasonic as in the past I have been very happy with them too.  No more Sony for me unless they fix this problem in a hurry.

IMG_0647.jpg

Regards

Keith

Message was edited by: kct1943

kippokid
Visitor

Ok had some TV repair guys from DDS (They had Samsung polo shirts on) come round and check the TV for the overheating problem. Apparently mine is ok and not prone to that 'fault'.

So whats the next step?

Has anyone had any success with Sony replacing the TV outside of warrenty?

Message was edited by: kippokid

kct1943
Explorer

Been in contact with Sony Support and they couldn't care a less.  Will persue this further though.  Here are three photos now taken from my screen.

Shadow IMG 1.jpgShadow IMG 2.jpgShadow IMG 3.jpg

virginreco
Visitor

I wouldn't waste your time with Sony, they are a complete waste of space when it comes to customer service. My advise to you would be to seek a depreciated credit from your retailler and then buy a Panasonic. See my post of 30th March 2012 above.

Good luck

Message was edited by: virginreco

kct1943
Explorer

It looks that that way doesn't it.  My problem is that the set was purchased direct from Sony via a staff sale, so no third party involvement.  In effect Sony Basingstoke were the retailers. :angry:

virginreco
Visitor

You have the 'Sale of Goods act' on your side.

http://www.whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last/