Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nishmalek
Visitor

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

i have exactly the same problem as the other people who have written about this tv model on the forum and there seems to be manty many more out thereon forums reporting the same problem that sony will not acknowledge.

there are dark lines running down my screen and a dark shadow line about an inch think on the right hand side of my screen, this was more noticable when watching football. my tv is not under warrranty anymore but is only 2 and a 1/2 years old. it seems that sony have created their screens to only last this long as lots of people have the same complaint.

i have just rang sony and i have been told that "there is no known problems with this model" that is rubbish as clearly there are a few of us just on this forum with the same pronblem. So we are paying about £1000 for a tv that will only last 2.5 years. i am disgusted with the lack of help and support from the sony call centre staff who basically said i need to get it fixed myself and i need to book it in with a service engineer. I suspect this is a problem with the panel or with the screen where a replace ment would cost you more than getting a new set. it would cost me £45 just for someone to come out and tell me that without even having it repaired. as a dedicated sony buyer over the years i cannot believe that my most expensive buy has only lasted 2.5 years.

WHY IS SONY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??

258 REPLIES 258
kingnezzer
Visitor

Exactly the same problem here with my 46v3000 Sony are currently looking into my case after an engineers report stated that i needed a new lcd panel. Lets hope Sony realise there is a problem with this model and compensate us otherwise i shall be raising the matter further.

kingnezzer
Visitor

I initally sent off my letter together with my repair estimate and proof of purchase on 4/4/2011. I phoned  2 days later to check if received and was told yes received ok and i would hear from Sony in 48 hours. A week went by and still nothing so phoned up to be told they had not received my letter. I have now resent again this time recorded delivery.

Come on Sony sort it out

kingnezzer
Visitor

Anyone with any issues with lines/shadows on the v3000 model please post on here

geachie
Visitor

Same problem, approx 2 1/2 years old, well looked after. Lines appeared going down the screen. Almost like grey smudges. Now across entire screen.

Very annoying.

mstaniak
Explorer

I have posted few topics / responses about the issue... less than 2.5 year old set with roght hand side of the screen affected by grey 'shadow'

kingnezzer
Visitor

All these problems seem to start after 2 half years this is definitely a manufactoring problem and Sony should be held responsible

davarob
New

hi there ,i bought this  model in july 2008,started getting lines about a inch thick on screen,very noticeable on football games against the green off the grass,i made a warranty claim before my 1 year warranty ran out in june 2009,had to take to my nearest sony approved repairer(nearly 70 miles from me)the repair centre told me it needed a new lcd panel,new panel was fitted,was told i only get a 3month warranty with this,about 6 months after this panel was fitted the tv had developed the same fault again,so im stuck with a tv thats not worth anything to anybody and i cant afford a new one,all my gear is sony but i wont be buying sony again

UKFreerider
Visitor

I've just gone with a Samsung UE46D5000P with my warranty cover with Domestic and General.  I was offered a Sony KDL40EX503 as a direct replacement by D&G but have decided to move away from Sony for the very first time.  I have had to pay a £50 upgrade but collect the TV on Saturday. I had the 5 year warranty package and PS3 when I took the TV on 31st December 2007 (1st year with Sony and years 2-5 with D&G).

Having read all the forums and issues with Sony I just did not want to risk another. For £50 I've got myself a decent new tv and as its 6"'s bigger my wife will be happy too!

Best of luck with your claim against SONY and I'll keep an eye on proceedings.

kingnezzer
Visitor

Good to hear you have got your problems sorted UKFreerider wish i had had the warranty as I am still battling with Sony on this one.

Hope you are pleased with your new TV and dont have to deal with Sony any more.

Thanks to my missplaced loyalty to Sony Iv'e now probably got to deal with some scroat that has nicked my card details as well thanks to their lack of security measures on the playstation.

RSB553
Visitor

Hi all. I think I'm the newest member of the club. Same TV. Similar problems.

Last night the panel went dim and has remained the same since. Images are very pixelated (think early 'digital' signals, or really poor mobile phone video) and image blurring is imense.  I was watching the snooker today and I could see the last four shots still on the table. Its like the panel cant get rid of the last frames quick enough so they just linger for ages. The light-to-dark transitions are the worst. They just dont happen and sometimes it gets stuck in light or dark. V annoying.

Also the screen seems to 'scar' instantly. The AV display in the top corner only has to come on for a second and you can see its remains for minutes. Same with sky guide and those poxy red-button icons in the top right.

My KDL 40v3000 Is 3 yrs 6 months old and I paid 900 from Costco (3 yr warranty, expired. D'oh). I spoke to Sony today (Sony Centre Romford) who said 'it sounds like the panel has gone'. It's not 'gone' mate, its still there. It's just f*cked.

Im pretty peeved. Thats nearly £300 a year for a tv that is now probably throw-away, bearing in mind repair vs replacement cost.

Sony UK need to get their act sorted. There are consumer laws in place that pay no regard to warranties etc. Goods need to be fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time. They would have trouble explaining why something with no moving or wearing parts should fail so commonly.

Surely together we have a case?

Bye all.