Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Threadnaught
Visitor

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

Hi,

I recently bought a KDL 46EX503. I'm having problems connecting to the internet for internet content.

My ISP is Virgin Media.

My router is a Belkin N1.

The television is on a wired connection direct from the router.

I have a PC, iPhone, laptop, and PS3 all connecting fine to the net through the same router, both wired and wirelessly.

The error message I get when trying to refresh Internet content or test the connection is:

"Configuration failed while connecting. The system has encountered an error. If problem persists, contact Sony <2123>." ...and then the usual retry, network settings, etc.

If I test the connection via the Wired Setup menu, the results I get are:

Cable Connection... OK

Local Access...OK

Internet Accesss...Failed

If I check the settings, I can see the TV has been assigned an IP ok by the router (this is confirmed by the routers admin screen). It has a valid subnet mask, DNS, and MAC address.

I have tried the following:

- Tested several ethernet cables (just in case)

- Manually assigning a different IP address

- Resetting the television to factory defaults

- Cloning the MAC address of my PC to the router

- Using my routers DMZ feature to put the televisions IP outside the NAT firewall

None of which seem to work.

The only thing I haven't yet had time to try is update the TV firmware. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

TIA

20 REPLIES 20
AnitaSidhu
Explorer

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my KDL 46EX503 after my router died. We have a new BT homehub now, and it no longer allows us to connect to the internet.

We've tried going through the connection options via the TV, but it still wont work.

Does anyone have any ideas?