Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emily

Can you please pass this information on to Sony's Call Centre Support Staff, as it appears from complaints on this board, that they are not aware of the issue (of which is frustration for many).  For many, it is one of the first ports of call, and to be told to mess about doing factory resets etc etc, are a waste of time.

Cheers

boyster
Explorer

Upgraded to PKG3.710EUA but still failing with LoveFilm temporarily unavailable

Oadesy
New

I'm another "me too". I look forward to hearing the solution. Agree with earlier comment regarding informing the customer services people. This is a major issue so cannot see how they can be "unaware".
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi Quinnicus and all,

I'll make sure call centre staff get updated first thing tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
deaves1

Ive got all app icons back !!! None of them load tho. Aaaggghhh. Its 20.05 here in uk
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

I agree Sony really do need to do some joined up thinking. I had emailed rather than calling and the same thing they asked me to do the factory reset .... All things that are known do not work I was then asked for system information concerning my internet connection but again I know that is not an issue. There was nothing that suggested they were aware of the issue.  Update on my system - arrived home from work 7pm looked on the SEN menu only 14 apps appearing tried again at 8pm Apps now apperaring but don't actually work I will continue to check but not looking good.

IanFerLav

Apps are up and I'm in at 20:15. That's just in the past five or so minutes after two hours of trying.

narrowgauge26
Explorer

Hi all to what is appearing to be a bit of a disaster as far as Sony's credability goes. I have a KDL47W805 which up until about a week ago worked flawlessly, only had it for four weeks anyway!

Just to put Sony in the picture it is NOT anything to do with the internet, my service provider (Virgin Fibre Optic Cable) the connection between TV and internet or the cables or anything else OUTSIDE the TV.

Simply put, we have a SONY PS3 which is connected by ethernet cable as is the TV to my Virgin router, as is the SAMSUNG 3D 'Smart' blu ray player and our Freesat TV tuner. Everything works EXCEPT the TV so I sugest Sony sort something out pretty quick, ,or it will be returned to Currys as being "Not of merchantable quality" and "not meeting specifications as advertised". A smart TV that is not quite so smart after all.........

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbam
Explorer

I have a KDL-55W905A and have the same issue. Got home to find a new firmware update and thought great. I now have all the SEN application icons back but they still fail to load.

I've tried everything factory reset, unplug for 1/2 hour, reset my router. Nothing addresses this issue.

Got to be a Sony issue, I have not other issues with any Internet connected devices.
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

20:20 and still full apps list but not initially loading (I had been trying iplayer) but second time lucky! I do wander if it is a capacity issue and the system can't cope if too many people are logging in? It will be interesting to see how log it lasts.