Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
profile.country.GB.title
Gilbam
Explorer

And I'm a BT broadband user, so it's not the Internet provider as other posters are using Virgin.
desperate_dan
Explorer

This evening apps load after several failed attempts. This does smell of a contention issue.

Gcameron10
Explorer

I have a 46w905a with all the same problems mentioned on this therad. Very annoyed, do not want to take it back to the shop because it is a great tv apart from this very big problem. Just fix this sony before you loose a lot of customers.
deaves1

I had all icons, and netflix was there and it loaded so i moved it to favourites, was really slow, turned telly off, then back on, all aps gone again!!! Netflix was still in favourites tho, but vvvv slow. All aps gone again
Eddywardo
Explorer

Hi, exactly the same for me purchased the w642653a yesterday. Most time the apps do not load and when they do I get an error message "temporarily unavailable" have manage to get into I player once. Did not expect this from Sony !
Bewesy
Explorer

Update:

I just recently got back home and the applications appear to be all working now. I have just also installed the latest software update and everything is still fine and dandy, if a little slow. (Contention?)

Fingers crossed...

Would be interested to know if there was an issue or not and what the fix was.
johnw636
Explorer

I have same problem except that apps have disappeared and not comeback at all. I have just started a separate thread re my KDL-32W653A.

This thread is marked with a solution - but there is no solution yet, only a referral to Sony Support who don't seem to have done anything despite the issue being around for some time.

Suggest we keep posting to keep this at the top of the list!

deaves1

Will test my telly when i get home later
Woktolivelife

Well mines been fully operational since 7am this morning still running the 3.6 software TV doesn't want to update
Working from home today so will keep it on in the background and wait and see
If I don't repost you can assume that whatever time it is the TV is and has been working since 7 am this morning
IanFerLav

Fingers crossed. Did the apps take ages to load or did they appear immediately?