Join now - be part of our community!

Animated placeholder box/

RobertStalker
Visitor

Animated placeholder box/

PCC-RX403N Windows XP Home Edition MS-IE6.

Anyone experienced not able to sight animated placeholder boxes whilest viewing Web pages - only a white screen with a box displaying a small square/dot/triangle.
If I use the Opera browser instead of IE6, this error is not apparent. IE6 and WindowsXP have both been reinstalled seperately.

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

What is the full version of IE installed???

RobertStalker
Visitor

Hi Rob,

Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2030422-1633IS.

Another point, when you tick box to remember password to login again - mine appears to ignore this feature.

robpaxton
Explorer

Well, you have the latest version of IE installed so that's my idea out of the window :cry:

The tickbox doesn't work for me either - I think it's an issue with the firewall I'm using.

Still thinking about your original problem though - it's a tough one this isn't it :thinking:

As a test - Have you tried installing one of the earlier versions of the Flash plugin? I'm sure that there are copies at Macromedia somewhere.

kee-lo_

Yeah good point, try Flash 6 player.

RobertStalker
Visitor

Flashplayer plugin installed appears to work perfectly with Opera and Netscape, both installed in my system. So why is it that IE6 refuses to recognise or work with Flashplayer - as noted before, Microsoft has always in the past as at now refuse to accept third party software and to top that, make it impossible to erase completely IE 6 by making IE 6 part of Windows XP. Can you imagine a car manufacturer produce a car that will only run on a specific petrol brand - buy that brand or your car remains put.
Reading an article on IE 6, it appears that an Flashplayer .OCX file works with ActiveX - as the OCX file is in code makes it impossible to read contents of that file. In file&folders inserting *.OCX produces several files that refers to Windows\System32\ActiveX.
The answer has to be somewhere - Microsoft made the error.

kee-lo_

I say stick with Mozilla, open source and free.

stevep-4
Visitor

Try going to Tools / Options and deleting all temporary internet files and internet history. It might be that this problem only occurs on pages you have visited before, when you really had the problem.....

RobertStalker
Visitor

In IE 6 Options> Advanced\Security =
Scrolled down to - [ ] ticked "Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when Browser is Closed."

I have tried with box ticked and unticked with same result. Also cookies have been manually erased.
What is needed, is to find cause of Flashplayer not recognised by IE6 and failure of Flashplyer not installed in Programs - apparently it becomes part of Windows XPSystem32\ActiveX.
If all other users of Flasplayer under WindowsXP\IE6 don't have this error fault, then it points to my system makeup - question is, why my copy of Windows XP and IE 6 is differrent to other copies. After some discussion with other helpers, a new copy of Windows XP Home Edition (Full) was purchased and installed - then why same result as previous installation of Windows XP\IE6.

kee-lo_

Try and find a PC mag with Flash Player 6, see if that works.

Snipes
Visitor

This really sounds like your JAVA is having problems (IE 6) this problem happend to a friend of mine a few months ago, try this link to download the 'sun java controll' it may work it may not, but worth a try'http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

( I KNOW SONY AND SUN JAVA DID'NT SEE EYE TO EYE, BUT WORTH A TRY)