Join now - be part of our community!

AR11B Hard disc(s)?

tarajrm
Visitor

AR11B Hard disc(s)?

I see that in the more recent Vaios, two hard discs are installed. On a page of the AR11B repair manual, it looks like there is enough space for a second drive, but there is no confirmation available on this anywhere. Before I take my screwdriver out, does anyone have any knowledge of this possibility?

8 REPLIES 8
carloscerros
Visitor

Hi tarajrm,

Info can be confirmed in the BIOS of your VAIO: check if RAID 0 & RAID 1 = 2 HDD

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tarajrm

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

This similar thread HERE may be of interest..

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi tarajrm

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

This similar thread HERE may be of interest..

Hi Thalamus,

http://www.nexttronics.com/reference/sony/ar3/int-AR72DB.htm

is really lovely!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes it is a handy carloscerros..

tarajrm
Visitor

Thanks for the info people. I'll examine the BIOS when I've the replaced the 14 month old dead screen :angry: . The AR11B seems to be identical to the AR31 in the hard-drive department. Time to take the rest of it apart!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info people.

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

tarajrm
Visitor

Finally got a new screen fitted. The first one arrived from Texas ex LCDScreen.com - cheap! Unfortunately it had been battered to death in transit. They sent another out immediately and the new new one arrived in one piece, in less than 48 hours! Very impressed with these people. Anyhow, after fitting the screen, I opened up the bios to see that on the main page it says Hard Disk Drive 0: 100GB and Hard Disk Drive 1: None. There's no mention of Raid, so I'm assuming from this that there would be no real problem fitting a second one, thanks to your previous info. My daughter, on whose behalf I've posted here, should now be happy. :hugging:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome tarajrm.. :slight_smile: