Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Headset.

profile.country.en_GB.title
cool.sm.
Explorer

Bluetooth Headset.

Hi

I can connect my Bluetooth Headset with my Vaio FZ21Z, but when I play a video on my Vaio there is no Audio

transmitted to the headset, but its transmitted from the Vaio speakers.

When I connect my Headset to my Vaio using Bluetooth - I get the following message - "Bluetooth Headset is connected to the "Audio Gateway Service on the computer".

Q: Why is there no Audio on the Bluetooth Headset?

(The Bluetooth headset works ok with my mobile phone, so nothing wrong with the headset, And I can connect to my mobile phone to my Vaio using Bluetooth, and it works ok, so nothing wrong with my Vaio's Bluetooth .)

Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Sanjay

10 REPLIES 10
nimbystripes
Visitor

What is the exactly bluetooth headset you are using. It is possible that this device is not compatible with your Vaio model.

cool.sm.
Explorer

Hi

Is my Vaio FZ21Z  laptop capable or designed to transmit audio/sound as well as files - .mp3, jpeg etc?Audio/sound transmission by my Vaio as compared to using the headset with a mobile phone.

The Bluetooth headset I am using is BH95.

This is a direct follow on question from my previous question regarding Bluetooth drivers etc. which was correctly advised by Rich.

Regards,

SM

Message was edited by: cool.sm.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

If available, have you selected the Bluetooth device for playback in Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cool.sm.
Explorer

Hi Rich

The two items listed on the Playback TAB are:

1) Speakers/Headphones.

Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODEC

Default Device.

2) Digital Output Device (HDMI)

Not plugged in.

There is no icon for the connedted Bluetooth Headset.

Is my Vaio capable of transmitting Audio via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth Headset?

I think that in 1) above - the headset refers to a wired headset with a 3.5mm jack (which worksOK).

Regards,

SM

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

I think that in 1) above - the headset refers to a wired headset with a 3.5mm jack (which worksOK).

Yes this is either/or the internal speakers/wired headphones.

If the Bluetooth device is not present in Control Panel > Sound > Playback then either the device is incompatible or the correct drivers are not installed.

Not having such a device it is difficult to provide further assistance. Maybe another member with this Bluetooth headset or similar can add to the discussion...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cool.sm.
Explorer

Hi Rich,

I will try to get more info on the Bluetooth Headset BH95 and its compatibility with my Vaio.

Also, is my Vaio FZ21Z capable of transmitting Audio via Bluetooth to any compatible Bluetooth headset?

Thanks for your help on this subject.

Sanjay

Message was edited by: cool.sm.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

Yes it is possible to listen to audio via a compatible Bluetooth headset. I don’t think that the problem lies with your specific model or the fact that it is a Vaio – more the adaptor or OS drivers.

This article may be of interest:

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-an-A2DP-Bluetooth-Headset-to-PC-Using-a-Bluetooth-Adapter

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cool.sm. wrote:

Also, is my Vaio FZ21Z capable of transmitting Audio via Bluetooth to any compatible Bluetooth headset?

Hi Sanjay,

A quick check of BH95 compatible device list & I can only see Mobile phones listed so that could be the cause of your problems..

Although you may have paired the device have you clicked on the bluetooth icon in your system try & checked that the device is connected..

When I use a bluetooth headphone the Bluetooth white logo inside the bluetooth icon changes to green when the dice is connected correctly..

Also open Bluetooth settings & have a check of the Device Information to see if it mentions Audio next to any of the device classes..

cool.sm.
Explorer

Hi Thalamus. Rich,

I checked the Bluetooth Settings>Audio Tab>... found the BH95 icon headset and bleow the icon was listed - connected - Bluetooth Hands Free Audio.

Anyway, there is a connection between my Vaio and the Bluetooth BH95 headset. If its not compatible why connect at all - unless my Vaio connects to any device with Bluetooth and then decides(?) whether it should do what its supposed to do. But I think that its a compatibility issue.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sanjay