Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Headset.

profile.country.en_GB.title
cool.sm.
Explorer

Bluetooth Headset.

Hi

I can connect my Bluetooth Headset with my Vaio FZ21Z, but when I play a video on my Vaio there is no Audio

transmitted to the headset, but its transmitted from the Vaio speakers.

When I connect my Headset to my Vaio using Bluetooth - I get the following message - "Bluetooth Headset is connected to the "Audio Gateway Service on the computer".

Q: Why is there no Audio on the Bluetooth Headset?

(The Bluetooth headset works ok with my mobile phone, so nothing wrong with the headset, And I can connect to my mobile phone to my Vaio using Bluetooth, and it works ok, so nothing wrong with my Vaio's Bluetooth .)

Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Sanjay

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
cool.sm.
Explorer

Hi Rich, Thalamus,

For the Bluetooth Headset BH95B (BlueChip) - its compliance on the instructions sheet is:

The headset is compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 supporting the following profiles, Headset Profiles 1.1 and Hands Free Profiles 1.5, check with the manufacturers of other devices to determine their compatibility with this device.

On researching the topic on the internet I found the following to be the main factors in the device receiving audio from the laptop:

The device requires the following protocols: 1) HFP - Hands Free Protocol and 2) HSP - Headset protocol. If there is no HSP protocol then - no audio.

The properties of BH95B has a tick on the following on  Win7 -  Hands Free Telephony and Headset.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7590_102-106324/can-i-use-my-bluetooth-headset-on-my-laptop/

The above link has a lot of relevant info. on this topic but with different headsets all having the one same common problem.

Also, the WikiHow~ link mentions on the tips sections at the bottom of the page: "A Sony Vaio comes with pre-installed Bluetooth Software whether it has an adapter or not! The software needs to be replaced before the computer accepts a headset because it does not carry the audio profiles".

I have no idea whether my Vaio FZ21Z has the protocols mentioned?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Sanjay

Message was edited by: cool.sm.

Message was edited by: cool.sm.