Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

I have recently purchased a Batman Begins Blue Ray disc. I cannot play it on my Laptop (VGN AR21S).

The region code for the blue ray disc is correct and it functions correctly as I have tried playing it on another Sony laptop (VGN AR 61M) with no rpoblem.

My laptop will play other discs such as the 6 free ones I recieved when I first purchased the laptop in December 2006.

When I insert this disc the player just cannot read it at all. I have the latest update of Win dvd BD and it just freezes.

Is my laptop not good enough to play the latest discs anymore? I refuse to believe I have paid £2000 for a laptop that won't play the latest discs. Why has their been no further firmware update for my BD player since 2006?

Please help.

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

Thanks for your help, hopefuly their is a resolution to this! :devil:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for your help, hopefuly their is a resolution to this!  :devil:

You're welcome, yes I hope so too.. :pray:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

You're not alone, a few others have had this issue on the net, mainly a firmware update has been given as a solution or return the disc to the shop and see if you can get a replacement.

Thanks for your input Kee-Lo.

Sony are useless if thats all the advice their giving. Firmware is already updated (although the last update they released for my BD drive was in 2006!! :devil: ) and the disc is fine because it plays perfectly on my friends AR 61M.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Grandmaster Alpha,

I've been informed that a new version of Win DVD is being released soon for your Vaio..

Keep an eye on the AR21S Drivers and Updates site

Please let me know if the disc plays once you have installed the update..

Will this help fix the problem though? What information did you get with regards to the fact that I was told that my laptop was basically too old to play the newer discs? Any truth to this or is the new version of Win Dvd a fix for this?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Thalamus,

Can you please give me an update as to when this software update will be released?

Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL sorry to say this but WinDVD is poor, I know it's not cheap, but PowerDVD is excellent. I had this problem with a DVD the other week, wouldn't play correctly in Windows Media Centre in Vista, god knows why, some people say copy protection, anyway I played it in PowerDVD, it was as smooth as butter.

Definitely worth checking the demo if anything it might help you out.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can you please give me an update as to when this software update will be released

Hopefully within the next week or so.. :thinking:

Thanks, I look forward to it. :slight_smile: