Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

I have recently purchased a Batman Begins Blue Ray disc. I cannot play it on my Laptop (VGN AR21S).

The region code for the blue ray disc is correct and it functions correctly as I have tried playing it on another Sony laptop (VGN AR 61M) with no rpoblem.

My laptop will play other discs such as the 6 free ones I recieved when I first purchased the laptop in December 2006.

When I insert this disc the player just cannot read it at all. I have the latest update of Win dvd BD and it just freezes.

Is my laptop not good enough to play the latest discs anymore? I refuse to believe I have paid £2000 for a laptop that won't play the latest discs. Why has their been no further firmware update for my BD player since 2006?

Please help.

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

Vaio tech support have all my current and upto date contact numbers and email address, I don't know what lie's they have been telling you but no one has been trying to contact me! :devil:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sony support sent an email to the address registered at VAIO Link..

They will send another one to your other e-mail address ( the one listed in your Club VAIO profile).

Could you let me know when you have received the email please..

I received the email today, with the wrong name and wrong contact number, I don't know how they managed that since my Vaio is registered with the correct details and I have had comms. with them lots of times.

Anyway, all the email said is that their is still no update as to when they will release the update for Win DVD. This is unacceptable as I have not paid £2000 for a laptop which won't do it's job.

I don't know what to say anymore, I have waited too long. This is Bad.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I don't know what to say anymore

I'm also confused.. :thinking: