Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

Cannot play Batman Begins Blue Ray on VGN AR21S

I have recently purchased a Batman Begins Blue Ray disc. I cannot play it on my Laptop (VGN AR21S).

The region code for the blue ray disc is correct and it functions correctly as I have tried playing it on another Sony laptop (VGN AR 61M) with no rpoblem.

My laptop will play other discs such as the 6 free ones I recieved when I first purchased the laptop in December 2006.

When I insert this disc the player just cannot read it at all. I have the latest update of Win dvd BD and it just freezes.

Is my laptop not good enough to play the latest discs anymore? I refuse to believe I have paid £2000 for a laptop that won't play the latest discs. Why has their been no further firmware update for my BD player since 2006?

Please help.

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Could you let us know once you have downloaded and installed the Win DVD update please.. :slight_smile:

Sure, I'll do that. :slight_smile:

Any update as to when they will release the update for Windvd BD?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Any update as to when they will release the update for Windvd BD?

Emm no, I'll try and find out a more accurate release date, can't promise anything though. :thinking:

Hi Thalamus, Any update on this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thalamus, Any update on this?

Hi Grandmaster Alpha,

unfortunately not... :slight_frown:

I'll send another request to Sony but in the meantime it may be worth requesting information from Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Oh boy, this is a long wait!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Oh boy, this is a long wait!

You should have received an email and a couple of voice messages from Sony.. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:devil: I have none of those at all!, can you please direct them to sending them to me again?

What is it that they wanted to tell me?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:devil: I have none of those at all!, can you please direct them to sending them to me again?

I'll see what I can do.. :wink:

In the meantime please check the registration contact details are correct (click here )..