Join now - be part of our community!

connect my laptop to a wireless printer

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

connect my laptop to a wireless printer

Your help wold be appreciated please.

My wife prints all her files wirelessly to a printer in her room. The printer is an wireless HP Photosmart.

I would now also like to print my files wirelessly on this same printer.

Both our computers are Sony Vaoi's and they both share the same router (a BT Home Hub 2), for connection to the Internet.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to do what I wish and how I actually connect up please.

Thank you very much,

gyron1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gyron,

Presumably the printer came with drivers and possibly software on a disk? If you no longer have or cannot find the original disk then have a look on the HP site as drivers are usually available for download.

You will need to install at least the drivers (and software if you need this) on your machine. Once installed open control Panel, double click on 'Printers' and set the HP Photosmart as the default printer. If printing from 'Word' or similar you may also need to change the default printer in that software - usually by selecting 'Print' and choosing the required printer from a drop down menu.

I hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gyron,

Presumably the printer came with drivers and possibly software on a disk? If you no longer have or cannot find the original disk then have a look on the HP site as drivers are usually available for download.

You will need to install at least the drivers (and software if you need this) on your machine. Once installed open control Panel, double click on 'Printers' and set the HP Photosmart as the default printer. If printing from 'Word' or similar you may also need to change the default printer in that software - usually by selecting 'Print' and choosing the required printer from a drop down menu.

I hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Hello Rich,

Sincere apologies for not replying earlier to your very kind help.

I must have had a mental block or something, thinking that I could get printer to work in any guise without first loading the Drivers!

As you suggested, when Drivers were downloaded from printer CD everything works fine.

Thank you for advice,

Regards,

Gyron1

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're very welcome Gyron:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat