Join now - be part of our community!

Continue with McAfee or KASPERSKY ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bladesman1889
Visitor

Continue with McAfee or KASPERSKY ?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether to continue with McAfee Internet Security Protection after the free trial runs out or to go with Kaspersky Internet Security. ?

My reasons for these two are that with the McAfee its already installed so would save hassle of Uninstalling etc and is only £17:50 on Amazon. (for 1 user)

Or go with the hassle of Installing Kaspersky as I can get this free as a Barclays customer.

Which do you think guys ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bladesman1889
Visitor

Thanks for your replies,

I have decided to go with Kaspersky for a couple of reasons.

1) Even if i do stick with McAfee i will have to go through the whole process of Un-installing the trial as the only way to upgrade this version is a direct link which only gives a 3 user deal at £39:99 which i dont need.

2) After doing a bit of research i have found that Kaspersky beats McAfee in nearly all the reviews with the only drawback of not having on-line back-up feature.

So whichever i go with its the same amount of work to do so i may as well go with the cheaper and better reviewed product.

thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

I have always preferred Kaspersky to McAfee, it generally has a better feel about it

and certainly used to have a higher detection rate.

Have a look here http://www.antivirusware.com/ as an example of one review site.

Zipppydj
Visitor

Kaspersky for me. I was previously a McAfee user for several years and switched to Kaspersky over a year ago. I use Kaspersky Internet Security on both my main desktop and Sony Vaio TT.

A little bit of time and effort is worth it, and you can get it free as you say via Barclays.

bladesman1889
Visitor

Thanks for your replies,

I have decided to go with Kaspersky for a couple of reasons.

1) Even if i do stick with McAfee i will have to go through the whole process of Un-installing the trial as the only way to upgrade this version is a direct link which only gives a 3 user deal at £39:99 which i dont need.

2) After doing a bit of research i have found that Kaspersky beats McAfee in nearly all the reviews with the only drawback of not having on-line back-up feature.

So whichever i go with its the same amount of work to do so i may as well go with the cheaper and better reviewed product.

thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Good choice I reckon  :slight_smile:

-frank-
Visitor

Hi all,

can I also recommend Microsoft's own "Security Essentials" as well for consideration?

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

It's is a free download and well worth checking out.

Cheers.

Message was edited by: -frank- for poor spelling   :o(