Join now - be part of our community!

Heat Problem

scouse1
Visitor

Heat Problem

I have just bought the VGN-S3HP and i may have to send it back, reason the right hand side underneath seems to get hot?

Does anyone know if this is this is normal.

30 REPLIES 30
varunm.mehta
Visitor

I realize this too and thats exactly how my S3XP becomes but i realize its quite normal. I also own a TR5MP and it get incredibly hot with the power supply on.

Try using hardware sensors monitor s/w which monitors temperature standings in different parts of ure computer

cheers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The problem is the vents are in the wrong places, so if I put the laptop on my lap I have to move it a touch to the left so I don't block the round fan at the bottom!

Eugenepang
Visitor

LOL :laughing: 

lets say u where in a meeting and then someone turns on the Vaio. then someine says is the a bee in this room. where is that buzzing noise coming from. then they realize it is ur laptop lol

Lets say some drops the laptop as it is too hot on one side lol

lets say your cddvd drive stop working in the meeting lol

Now think what it would be like when u giv it to sony to repair.

any answers ??

another one the first thing you went into the meeting room is to keep looking for any socket to plug in coz your laptop battery wont last for more than 2 hrs..

ant1uk
Visitor

anyone spoke to sony about this problem about the heat,

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I think yes, but I haven't. I think not that Sony helpfully.

You can only hope that Sony write it on a black list. And that this problem on the next VAIO-generation is fixed.

kee-lo_

The thing is Seb they have never admitted liability since the VAIO came out in 1997

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

:slight_frown:

Foxhound
Visitor

anyone spoke to sony about this problem about the heat,

Yes, I've mailed them about this issue. They said it is normal for a notebook to get this hot. They say it is within product specification limits. If I want to have it checked I'll need to send it in If there is no defect detected I will have to pay for the costs.
I deleted the email because I was so pissed or else I would've copy and paste it here.:smileyangry:

kee-lo_

It's around ¿80 for a check up

ant1uk
Visitor

I FOUND A REVIEW ON THIS LAPTOP IN A MAGAZINE, WHAT LAPTOP, ISSUE 70, THEY EXPLAINED THE HEAT FROM THE RIGHT IS WORRYING, SO PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO NOTICE THIS,