Join now - be part of our community!

I have heard that Sony AR11S is not capble using DDR2-667 memory, Is that true?

nox0405
Visitor

I have heard that Sony AR11S is not capble using DDR2-667 memory, Is that true?

I have search some information about install RAM into AR11S, I have find out that Taiwan version's AR18 is not capable using DDR2-667, If they have install it, laptop will crash.

Can anyone tell me is that true?
Is UK version's AR11S will cappable of using DDR2-667 or only Taiwan's AR18 has that problem of using DDR2-667.

I am worry now because I have already purchase 1GB DDR2-667 to use on my AR11S.

Can anyone help please

4 REPLIES 4
peter4654
Visitor

You might like to try using a memory configurator, such as crucial.com. It's always best to install the same amount of memory in each slot. Theorettically, it is possible for Windows to become more unstable if you install say, a 1gig stick of ram in one slot and a 125mb stick in the other slot. You can use DDR2-667Mhz memory in the AR11S. You can also use DDR2-533Mhz with a very slight performance hit. Use either DDR2-667 or DDR2-533, but don't mix them. Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would install the memory you have bought and see if it is recognised and works OK.

I'm sure it will be OK but if it causes a problem, just take it out.

:wink:

frannys
Visitor

Your system spec tells you what Memory you can use.

runaway64
Visitor

All the computers with Intel Centrino Duo aka CoreDuo, have inside intel 965 chipset; Both were designed to work with memory modules DDR2 at 533mhz or 667Mhz;

Memory modules at 667Mhz should be fully functional with your laptop, the only problem could come if you install more than one module and they are not twins.
The only problem you could get, and would be very rare, is some kind of incompatibility from the bios of the computer, but this would be very strange.

Anyway, you can try the memory module you have bought, if it is a SO-DIMM DDR2 at 667mhz and has been handle appropiately, it cannot harm your laptop even if you have one of the problems I listed above.

In case you are not sure, you can put in contact to sony support, but I would try it myself.

I have an AR11M and I am looking to install 2x1gb DDR2 667Mhz modules from Samsung.