Join now - be part of our community!

Model name not found?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dayumDayumDAYUM
Explorer

Model name not found?

There have been several occasions when I've looked for some answers regarding one issue or another with my computer from Sony and yet whenever I'm prompted to enter the model name of it on this website - it isn't found. The model name is VPCEB3J1E and that's all, there is no /BQ, /T or /WI after it. Why don't Sony recognise one of their own products?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dayumDayumDAYUM,

The suffix /BQ, /T or /WI is a casing colour reference. The drivers and utilities will be the same for all VPCEB3J1E colour variations.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dayumDayumDAYUM,

The suffix /BQ, /T or /WI is a casing colour reference. The drivers and utilities will be the same for all VPCEB3J1E colour variations.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
dayumDayumDAYUM
Explorer

Thanks Rich.

I've edited my original post so that it reads 'model name' which I believe is the correct term as opposed to 'model number' (but you knew what I meant).

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome dayumDayumDAYUM,

There is much confusion on the forum regarding the / suffix and little information or guidance on the support site. The difference between a ‘model number’ and ‘product name’ also causes problems!

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SHumayun
Explorer

I have the same problem. I finally realised that it wouldn't recognise the model number that's on the back of the vaio. However, the model number that is on my invoice and that comes up in vaio care (about your vaio option) is different for me. The website does recognise that number. Hope that's of some use.