Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
laura_b
Visitor

No news still?
This story is now becoming a little upsetting....
Can Sony let us know what is happening? After 7 months i bought my Vaio i still cannot play BD!
Not a good experience, with Vaio. Good efforts from THalamus and forums cannot justify poor assistance from Sony and e-support. :slight_frown:
Laura....

Chanandler
Visitor

I've been using my PS3 an awful lot since the software on my Vaio has stopped working... It's also a good excuse to have a little blast on GTA IV while I'm waiting for my wife to sort herself out and get on the sofa :laughing:

laura_b
Visitor

No news still?

Chanandler
Visitor

Sadly, no :slight_frown:

Mind you though, I have never known Sony to rush anything so this is not unusual...

On a side note, I installed Vista SP1 on my notebook a few weeks ago and have had nothing but grief with software conpatibility. I signed up to the Orange internet everywhere service last week and have not been able to get the software to run so after some searching on the web it turns out the software has bugs and does not run properly with Vista SP1.

So the recommended fix was to re-build the laptop, which I have been doing for the last couple of days and now I can watch BD's again :slight_smile:

No idea what has changed here as all the same software is back on it but hey I'm not complaining. It is a bit of a drastic approach I grant you but if you desperately want to watch BD's and you haven't tried it yet then a rebuild could save the day.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

So the recommended fix was to re-build the laptop, which I have been doing for the last couple of days and now I can watch BD's again :slight_smile:

No idea what has changed here as all the same software is back on it but hey I'm not complaining. It is a bit of a drastic approach I grant you but if you desperately want to watch BD's and you haven't tried it yet then a rebuild could save the day.

:cool: So running the Vaio recovery utility seems to have solved your BD problem..

oldcrow
Visitor

I bought a very expensive laptop with blu-ray fitted and working

I installed a SONY update on the SONY site

No blu-ray, and for a while no sound either

We have now been waiting two months for a fix

This is not good enough, I will never buy SONY again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi oldcrow,

have you tried running the Vaio Recovery utility/centre on your AR51M, as this seems to have helped Chanandler with his Blu Ray problem..

laura_b
Visitor

Thalamus,
restoring the original system because the BD doesn't work means a lot of time waste, risk to losing important data and not being sure that, once reinstalled all the programs, the issues will not reappear again.
Doing so to fix the problem is like changing the engine becaus a sparkler do not work properly: probably is going to fix it, but it is very expensive...
I totally agree with oldcrow...
Thanks,
Laura
Ps. What about the update you announced a few weeks ago?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

restoring the original system because the BD doesn't work means a lot of time waste, risk to losing important data and not being sure that, once reinstalled all the programs, the issues will not reappear again.

This was only a suggestion as Chanandler posted that after a recovery his Vaio successfully played Blu-Ray discs..

Ps. What about the update you announced a few weeks ago?

As far as we are aware it's still being tested by Sony, however Sony have stated that the current InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 should play the latest blu-ray releases.. :thinking:

If you want an official reply you can contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

sjk81
Visitor

Hi

I'm new posting on here but I thought I'd post this link I found via Google:

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/252792/productcategory/it%2Bpersonal%2Bcomputer?site=hp_en...

It links to Sony Singapore about an update for WinDVDBD entitled 8.0.9.301_4. It describes it as a fix for the problem people have been describing on here. Would this work on a UK/Europe machine if downloaded?
If this is the same patch we are getting in Europe, then why hasn't it been released yet here?

Just curious :thinking:

(I wouldn't download it in case it screws up your machine! wait for somebody to confirm what it is first!)