Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
heliman001
Visitor

Having exactly the same prob green bar quits half way cant find a solution :cry:

marcoda
Visitor

Hi heliman001
Have raised this as an e-query.
I'll post here if I get anything sensible out of Sony Support.

oldcrow
Visitor

Same problem on my AR51M. Full green bar, then 'fatal error'

profile.country.en_GB.title
leekendr
Visitor

installed fine here, on my FZ21M running vista.

so it works for some and not for others

Windvd 9 is out now, so might take a look at that when i can get hold of it

squashme
Visitor

same here it wont install at all and vaio cs are closed now :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can you all check which version of WinDVD BD you already have installed and post the answer here?

It will be the first question that Vaio-Link will ask, so if we can give them some info, it may help get a solution.

Open WinDVD BD -> Right-Click on the WinDVD screen -> Settings -> select the final Tab and read the Version.

:thinking:

luminessence
Visitor

I've got the same problem with my FZ21Z and my WinDVD version is: 8.0 DXVA B08.425

best regards,

p.

marcoda
Visitor

Can you all check which version of WinDVD BD you already have installed and post the answer here?

It will be the first question that Vaio-Link will ask, so if we can give them some info, it may help get a solution.

Open WinDVD BD -> Right-Click on the WinDVD screen -> Settings -> select the final Tab and read the Version.

Hi Blencogo
I'm running WinDVD BD version 8.0 DXVA B08.425

Sanddie55
Visitor

Hi I have the same problem, I have a viao ar51J and the version of winDVD BD is 8.0 DXVA B08.425. I thought it had downloaded but, after reading it again it says it had failed, and now I cannot get it to download at all.