Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

Same failure to instal here. AR51SU running version 8.0 DXVA B08.425

kingpuiwong
Visitor

Can you all check which version of WinDVD BD you already have installed and post the answer here?

It will be the first question that Vaio-Link will ask, so if we can give them some info, it may help get a solution.

Open WinDVD BD -> Right-Click on the WinDVD screen -> Settings -> select the final Tab and read the Version.

:thinking:

Hi Blencogo, my WinDVD version is 8.0 DXVA B08.425, on a FZ21M.
I also found this version of WinDVD not stable enough and sometimes it just hangs forever and I have to manually close it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks everyone.

The information has been passsed on to Sony Engineering.

:slight_smile:

dima78
Visitor

Same problem here with AR51J.

I currently have Windvd BD Version 8.0 DXVA B08.425
and I can't install the update.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

Sony are still working on the problem and have asked if it would be possible for one of you to recover your C drive back to factory settings and then try to install the Win DVD bd updates..?

Also did any of you install the Vista PS1 update prior to trying to install the WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3.?

micdonal
Visitor

I'm afraid I really don't relish recovering my system but I have informed Sony eSupport already that I first had this problem before I installed SP1. I then installed SP1 and tried again with the same result.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm afraid I really don't relish recovering my system but I have informed Sony eSupport already that I first had this problem before I installed SP1. I then installed SP1 and tried again with the same result.

Thanks for the feedback Quackers88..

micdonal
Visitor

You're very welcome. Thanks for your interest. I hope things can get sorted out.

Nintensity
Visitor

Same problem here with AR51M. Running 8.0 DXVA B08.425

My laptop is pretty new so it must be almost factory settings, i havent changed much! but i still have the error. :slight_frown:

looking forward to a solution!

Jordi71
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem here with FZ21Z.
I currently have WinDVD BD Version 8.0 DXVA B08.425
and I can't install the update. :cry:
I am downloading now SP1 Vista, I am going to try after install it. :thinking:

Thanks from Barcelona.

Jordi71