Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING

nxf
Visitor

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING

I sent the following email to Sony Technical Suppot as an official complaint because of Sony unable to show me a GRT type laptop in the flesh. I tried over 5 official sony dealers, 64 sony recommended high street dealers, their phone support (3 seperate offices)
Hi,
I have always been a Sony fan, & bought many items without problems, but finding a Sony Laptop is proving very problematic. I am looking for advice for a first class screen, a v-fast processing, big memory laptop so I used the help feature on Sony.com site which recommended Sony products not available in the UK or if so with different product codes (e.g. PCG-GRT280Z6). I have seen a desktop PCV-W1 with the best screen I have ever seen & wondered if a laptop is available with that type of screen. I am sorry to having to ask you these questions, but the 6 or 7 recommended dealers from this website have about a total of 4 laptops between them, & all were ultra small type!!! & none knew about the screen. I live near Chester & if you could suggest a dealer that stocks more than the token 1 or 2, I would be very appreciable. Thank you, Nigel. (P.s I have no problem buying from your website, but I would like to see the products & have advice first)

THEIR RESPONSE 1 MONTH LATER !!!!!!!!
Our Ref: P10287
Dear Mr Fairhurst,
Thank you for your enquiry and sorry for the delay. Basically the PCV-W1's screen is outstanding because they use the new Ultra Bright screen. They now incorporate this screen in some of our laptops, to which i have included information on the current range with this screen for you. If you go to www.sony.co.uk where to buy, key in your postcode and it will give you local laptop dealers in your area.
Yours sincerely,
Joanne Binks
Customer Service Advisor

THIS POSTING IS TO EXPLAIN THAT DON'T LET A NON EXISENT SUPPORT STOP YOU FROM BUYING AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT....BUT PLEASE PLEASE COMPLAIN AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY SONY WILL EVENTUALLY OFFER BETTER SUPPORT.

14 REPLIES 14
Sul
Visitor

Oh don't you worry I complain like hell and I give them hell on the phone as well if they don't play by the rules. The delay in your email reply is quite disgraceful. However, I suspect that sony receive a high volume of emails so it could have been because of that. I find that it's always faster to just call them in the morning when the queues aren't long at all.

Also, their e-support service is very fast.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

E-support took 48hrs to reply to a simply query, not too bad I guess.

Sul
Visitor

48hrs? It's even quicker usually - for me anyway, and I've had 4 cases with them ranging from how to clean my screen to a faulty hard drive and everything has been quick so far. Only the memory exchange took 2 weeks.

Oh - congrats on your 8000th post dave

kee-lo_

Wow, I made 8000, my god, didn't expect it.
Thanks

faithx

Yeah Congrats Kee-Lo :cool:

tellingd
Visitor

Wow, I made 8000, my god, didn't expect it.
Thanks

You must be the only person NOT to expect you to make 8 or 9 or even 10,000 posts :tongue:

VAIOneer
Visitor

Congrats Kee-Lo

Keep the posts flooding in :laughing:

kee-lo_

LOL Dave, oh probably 20,000 while you're at it :tongue:

Thanks Jaan.

clairelovestlc
Visitor

they were helpfullish with me

my pcg z1rmp was having numerous issues and they said they would pick it up the same day and have it repaired... well even though this was relativly good serive i still went and yelled at where i bought it from ( john lewis 4 months previosuly) whos comment was we dont stock that model any more but u can have a pcg z1xmp for free as a replacment... now thats service!!!