Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING

nxf
Visitor

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING

I sent the following email to Sony Technical Suppot as an official complaint because of Sony unable to show me a GRT type laptop in the flesh. I tried over 5 official sony dealers, 64 sony recommended high street dealers, their phone support (3 seperate offices)
Hi,
I have always been a Sony fan, & bought many items without problems, but finding a Sony Laptop is proving very problematic. I am looking for advice for a first class screen, a v-fast processing, big memory laptop so I used the help feature on Sony.com site which recommended Sony products not available in the UK or if so with different product codes (e.g. PCG-GRT280Z6). I have seen a desktop PCV-W1 with the best screen I have ever seen & wondered if a laptop is available with that type of screen. I am sorry to having to ask you these questions, but the 6 or 7 recommended dealers from this website have about a total of 4 laptops between them, & all were ultra small type!!! & none knew about the screen. I live near Chester & if you could suggest a dealer that stocks more than the token 1 or 2, I would be very appreciable. Thank you, Nigel. (P.s I have no problem buying from your website, but I would like to see the products & have advice first)

THEIR RESPONSE 1 MONTH LATER !!!!!!!!
Our Ref: P10287
Dear Mr Fairhurst,
Thank you for your enquiry and sorry for the delay. Basically the PCV-W1's screen is outstanding because they use the new Ultra Bright screen. They now incorporate this screen in some of our laptops, to which i have included information on the current range with this screen for you. If you go to www.sony.co.uk where to buy, key in your postcode and it will give you local laptop dealers in your area.
Yours sincerely,
Joanne Binks
Customer Service Advisor

THIS POSTING IS TO EXPLAIN THAT DON'T LET A NON EXISENT SUPPORT STOP YOU FROM BUYING AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT....BUT PLEASE PLEASE COMPLAIN AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY SONY WILL EVENTUALLY OFFER BETTER SUPPORT.

14 REPLIES 14
notmuffy
Visitor

Claire - from what I have heard about john lewis, you can count your lucky stars!!!

stevep-4
Visitor

It took JW 8 weeks to get my desktop repaired.....When I called after 3 weeks for an update, they reply was that Sony would not take the desktop until I provided the recovery disks.......They could have had them the first day, had they asked !.

grahambird80
Visitor

With John Lewis is realy depends on the branch that you are close to, Up in aberdeen they are always helpful and kept me well informed of my repair.

I have heard bad storys of the ones down south. Which branch did you go to stevep-4?

stevep-4
Visitor

Norwich...where everything is monochrome....

plenty of Canary supporters now...where were they before Norwich got promoted???

shanepower
Visitor

They told me 10 working days to get my heat sink replaced. It was returned 6 weeks later.