Join now - be part of our community!

purchasing recovery disks for Sony

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fatpatinfrance
Visitor

purchasing recovery disks for Sony

Hello,

After having to replace my hard drive I now need recovery disks (I know now that I should have created one when I got the laptop) and I'm finding it impossible to find a way to do this from the Sony support site. It also doesn't recognise my model number.  Any help gratefully received, thanks.

It's a VPCEB1M1E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pat,

The only alternative I can think of is to get someone in the UK to call the OOW number (primed with all details), have the recovery disks shipped to them and then post to you in France. Not ideal but may work...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
srmans2
Visitor

I would also be interested in undersanding the general process and cost of obtaining recovery disks for my 2012 UEFI Vaio laptop.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fatpatinfrance,

Follow this link and then click ‘Vaio and Computing’ and enter your serial number. This should give all contact options available to you.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

If that doesn’t work then here are the telephone contact numbers for Support:

If your SONY VAIO is in warranty, please call
0870 240 2408
(Fixed: 0.08£/min)

If your SONY VAIO is out of warranty, please call
0905 0310006
(Fixed: 0.35£/min)

If you purchased your SONY VAIO in a non-European country, please call
0905 0310006
(Fixed: 0.35£/min)
If your SONY VAIO is covered by a VGPE-VPPS onsite repair warranty, please call
0870 8500976
(Fixed: 0.08£/min)
Note that you will need to enter your Warranty Pack Number (9 or 11 digit number starting by ‘4’) to access the VPPS premium support line. You will find this Warranty Pack Number on the sticker on the cover of your VPPS booklet.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
fatpatinfrance
Visitor

Thanks rich912,

We've tried that number (the out of warranty one) but as we are in France it won't connect (I guess as it's a premium) will probably have to bite the bullet and try the French Sony support, customer service not being a number one priority we would have preferred a UK solution.

Cheers, Pat

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pat,

The only alternative I can think of is to get someone in the UK to call the OOW number (primed with all details), have the recovery disks shipped to them and then post to you in France. Not ideal but may work...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
fatpatinfrance
Visitor

Cheers Rich,

Good idea!

Pat

srmans2
Visitor

Rich,

Many thanks for the procedure/details.

All,

Just gave the UK warranty number a call, entered my serial number and got through to someone who was  helpful. It seems the recovery disc set that I need costs 48 ukp but could not be ordered today as the system was "going through an update". Ouch, seems they are not free even though the laptop is under warranty. I will have to think about that and call them back.....

They indicated I could have created a recovery disc set from out of the box, there should have been a notification message or something. Something I never saw......so if you are going to replace/upgrade your hard disc make sure you create a set of discs! 😉

Cheers,