Join now - be part of our community!

SD card reader problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
lynchbren
Visitor

SD card reader problem

Windows 7 was installed on my VIAO VGN-N11M/W following a system crash and SD card reader no longer functions.  Any advice welcome. Download available on Sony website is not suitable for Windows 7 :thinking:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried installing the original Texas Instruments MemoryCard driver?  As far as I am aware, this driver was not OS dependent and certailnly worked with Vista with later N-Series Vaios.

However, be aware that this driver does not have a Setup.exe and needs to be installed manually from within Device Manager.  Choose to update the driver, don't search for a driver and manually point the installer to ti21Sony.inf.

You can download the driver as part of the Original Drivers Package here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-N11M_W

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
mathewlisett
Visitor

well i kinda have the same issue with my mates vgn-nr32m.

installed the driver after hours of searching, only to find that every sd card i added, it wouldnt open them and insisted on formating..and even then it couldnt format them!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried installing the original Texas Instruments MemoryCard driver?  As far as I am aware, this driver was not OS dependent and certailnly worked with Vista with later N-Series Vaios.

However, be aware that this driver does not have a Setup.exe and needs to be installed manually from within Device Manager.  Choose to update the driver, don't search for a driver and manually point the installer to ti21Sony.inf.

You can download the driver as part of the Original Drivers Package here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-N11M_W

:thinking: