Join now - be part of our community!

Sony V2S - Problem sorted - Many thanks

Kieron
Visitor

Sony V2S - Problem sorted - Many thanks

Guys, I'm so glad I came on here and asked you all. Guess what was causing the graphical glitches....

ZONEALARM!!!!

Thank you so much. I have no put the hammer back in the garage that I was going to use to smash the machine into little pieces.

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

35 REPLIES 35
TygerTyger
Visitor

If you send it to Sony whether there is something wrong or not they will send it back, because the problem is almost certainly software related not hardware. Do the following:

Start with both of these free programs: Spybot and Adaware which clean up adverts spyware etc all of which do a good job of slowing your computer down.

Then download Ace Utilities(30-day trial). Install this program, and then run the registry cleaner, but be sure to create a System Restore point first. This gets rid of leftover records from old files and programs which your computer is slowed down by. Probably doesn't apply since your computer is new, but worth a try.

Then run a thorough anti-virus check using an UP TO DATE antivirus program, and see how you stand after all of this. And just as an aside, make sure you also have a good up to date firewall installed as well.

Failing all of this, and since your computer is new and probably doesn't have too much stuff on it you may wish to try a total restore from the Vaio recovery disk.

Psaila
Visitor

Is your Dealer not close to hand ?

Kieron
Visitor

I have spent the best part of two weeks transferring music from my old PC to the Vaio, I have ran Adaware with no reported problems and my dealer was mail order.

I really don't want to do a system restore as it means getting 20 gigs of music off the system and putting me back 2 weeks.

I will try the registy editor.

Thanks for your help. I'm tearing my hair out with this to be honest....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you ripped the music with SonicStage backup the database and copy it onto another PC.

Psaila
Visitor

Thanks for your help. I'm tearing my hair out with this to be honest....

And Relax . You among FriendsSave The HAIR .. HIT THIS

kee-lo_

Maybe you should play that game in the "new vaio" section

TygerTyger
Visitor

The registry fixer was a bit of a long shot to be honest....the gif corruption problem seems very unusual, it's most likely a bug or corruption somewhere in your software, but where I couldn't guess.

Kieron
Visitor

Nice to see a Blackpool Tower avatar up there - I'm from Bpool also - www.djkey.com

I'm starting to think it's a problem with the geforce 5700 card - I have installed the latest drivers too.

An example of the problem can be found at www.yahoo.com - where it has an image of a handshake under the search the web box I am missing the text on the vaio but I get it all on my old pc.

If I refresh the google groups page I can get the google image (colour heading gif) to seperate in half by hitting ctrl and refresh.

I just know what Sony will say though...

kee-lo_

I wonder if you could benefit from using Firefox?

www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/