Join now - be part of our community!

Sony V2S - Problem sorted - Many thanks

Kieron
Visitor

Sony V2S - Problem sorted - Many thanks

Guys, I'm so glad I came on here and asked you all. Guess what was causing the graphical glitches....

ZONEALARM!!!!

Thank you so much. I have no put the hammer back in the garage that I was going to use to smash the machine into little pieces.

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

35 REPLIES 35
Kieron
Visitor

Nope, still not working correctly. Now the Yahoo logo doesn't even show up and I still cannot log into this forum from the vaio....

Kieron
Visitor

Guys, I'm so glad I came on here and asked you all. Guess what was causing the graphical glitches....

ZONEALARM!!!!

Thank you so much. I have no put the hammer back in the garage that I was going to use to smash the machine into little pieces.

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Have you had this problem from day 1? If not then try using system restore to restore the computer back to a period where it worked.

If this doesn't work then you will probably have to bite the bullet and recover the system. Sony will ask you to do this before they will authorise a pickup anyway.

Kieron
Visitor

I'm sorted Rob, thanks for the help.

I feel a complete idiot now, ranting and raving earlier!

It was Zonealarm that was causing the problems.....

nemo66
Visitor

Kieron....u´r wrong.
U can upgrade the memory (i done it also by myslef).
Just push the button back of ur display and slide the big cover out (push it up-wards).
Now u see on the right side 2 screws...unscrew and u can now see the memory-slots, one should be free.

That´s all....

Kieron
Visitor

OK,

If this problem ever comes up for somebody else, here's how it was sorted out.

The configuration for Zonealarm Pro was wrong. Zonealarm is a program I have used for eternity and I trust it when it's running.

HOWEVER,

On the left hand menu at the bottom in Zonealarm where it says "Privacy" the setting for "Ad Blocking" was set to High.

Once this had been turned off, the pages loaded correctly in Opera and IE.

My Corel problem was that I had downloaded a gif poster of the new "Ocean's 12" movie to mess around with as myself and 3 friends are off to Vegas on Sunday. I made a new fun poster showing "Ocean's 4" and noticed a graphical glitch in the poster.
It was the actual original download of the gif which Zonealarm had somehow "gltiched".....

I'm runnng Zonealarm Pro, Norton is now disabled.

Thanks everyone. Hope this solution will help others in the future.

Kieron
Visitor

Regarding the memory.

Nemo - you the man!

Thank you again!!! - I owe you many beers :wink:

Would you recommend any specific memory - maybe from dabs.com etc?

Psaila
Visitor

I'm sorted Rob, thanks for the help.

I feel a complete idiot now, ranting and raving earlier!

It was Zonealarm that was causing the problems.....

Now Spend Some Time Relaxing . Enjoy the POWER

Feel The FORCE

Know Where Here .

Well Done
:clap:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Get your memory from www.crucial.com/uk - they are excellent.

Kieron
Visitor

Thanks Ray.

I guess my faith in Sony is now restored. I previously had a problem with a vaio laptop a couple of years ago and had to deal with the French department for repairs.

It was an absolute nightmare, I eventually got the repair done free of charge, after involving my solicitor - not an experience I ever want to repeat.

My Aibo died a few weeks after purchase (the ERS-7) so that didn't help my faith in the Sony brand.

Then I see the V2S smiling at me from PC World and fell in love (despite my earlier problems) so you can imagine my horror after I transfer my beloved CD collection to the Sony when it seems to have a glitch!

(I didn't buy it from PC World by the way, I got it for £1603 from Simply computers with free next day delivery)......

Anyway, onwards and upwards!:smileygrin: