Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1512C5E Problem creating reovery disks/ SOLVED

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
krasii
Explorer

SVE1512C5E Problem creating reovery disks/ SOLVED

I try to create Recovery Media Disc and I get error when trying to create Disk Number 2. The error is "Error code: 129002" "An error occurred while executing an application"

Can anyone help please. I have attached screenshot of the error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krasii
Explorer

I have managed to create recovery discs after all. I still used the same discs but I did full recovery to factory settings of the laptop and this time without installing daemon tools or any other software created the discs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry, I have no idea but I will ask someone at Sony for an answer.  Windows 8 is still a bit new to most of us!

In the meantime, you could telephone Vaio Support to see if they have seen this error before.  I cannot see an update for Vaio Care on your Support website. If they cant fix it they may send you a set of pre-recorded Recovery Discs.

What media are you using?  DVD+R by Verbatim, TDK or Sony seem the most reliable.

Have you installed any Virtual Drive software since purchase?

:thinking:

krasii
Explorer

I have emailed Sony Support and they advised me to make a full recovery to factory settings and then to try and create the recovery disks. I am using some cheap media maybe that is the problem... but I tried couple of times and still the same error.. And yes I have installed daemon tools...

profile.country.sv_SE.title
orjanalmen
Visitor

I have the very same problem, but with disk 1 on a vaio SVE1512C6EW. I have updated vaio care for no use. I use TDK DVD-R 1-16x but it won't write. it starts to write but seems to fail at once, as the computer reports the disc to be empty afterwards. A full recovery should not help as the computer was just unpacked...

Message was edited by: orjanalmen

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You may find that you need to uninstall Daemon Tools until you have made Recovery Discs.

The Virtual Disc software seems to interfere with the process.

:thinking:

krasii
Explorer

I have uninstalled Daemon Tools but I still got error this time the disc records to 48% and stops and asking for restart... without any code error. Can I make full recovery to factory settings now without the recovery disks ? and maybe after that I can try create them again ?

pkombala
Visitor

Dear All I have Same problem While making recovery dvd .it is new nothing I did still error code 129002

please help me

Kingair
Visitor

Hi!

I have the same problem . I have Windows 7 professional and am using Sony  DVD-R. I do not have Daemon Tools etc. Any suggestions please?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
ramo99999
Visitor

Krasii,

simply use a good quality DVD-R, i had the same problem until i changed the brand of the disk

krasii
Explorer

I have managed to create recovery discs after all. I still used the same discs but I did full recovery to factory settings of the laptop and this time without installing daemon tools or any other software created the discs.