Join now - be part of our community!

SVF1521Q1EW Graphics Query

SOLVED
jamessmee
New

SVF1521Q1EW Graphics Query

I have just bought the SVF1521Q1EW Vaio laptop where the shop advertised it as having Nvidia GT-740M graphics. However the box of the laptop shows it has Intel HD 4000 graphics but no mention of Nvidia. The support pages on this site however show you can download a driver for the laptop. Does that mean I need to install the graphics manually and free of charge for the laptop?

I need to know ASAP as I will otherwise get a refund on the laptop.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jamessmee,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

The specifications page for your Vaio states that your vaio has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 so it would appear that the sales assistant may have made a mistake, might be worth contacting the store to discuss this direct with them..

If you have used your vaio then you can check what graphics chip your vaio has under display adapters in Device Manager..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
leferdi24
Explorer

The Model number you have given has the Intel HD Graphics 4000.  Looks like you will have to return it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jamessmee,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

The specifications page for your Vaio states that your vaio has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 so it would appear that the sales assistant may have made a mistake, might be worth contacting the store to discuss this direct with them..

If you have used your vaio then you can check what graphics chip your vaio has under display adapters in Device Manager..:smileywink: