Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo 13. Anyone updated to Win 10 sucessfully?

SOLVED
homeyjay
Explorer

Vaio Duo 13. Anyone updated to Win 10 sucessfully?

After a few years of looking, I finally picked up a nice Vaio Duo 13. I just spent a day doing all the updates that are available to take it to Win 8.1 but would really like to go to Win10. Is it possible to update this PC to Win10 and still have everything working? Has anyone done it?

I've downloaded the Win10 update tool but it fails, saying that I don't have the newest version of Vaio update. I can't find any newer updates..

Any tips would be gratefully received!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall (Action menù > Scan for hardware changes) the Wi-Fi Adapter in Device management? After installation, the System use the Windows 10 pre installed driver...

Manolo

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

choice your model HERE and verify if your VAIO is compatible with the Windows 10 Sony Upgrade Tool.

Probably, VAIO Update latest version is at the support page of your model.

Manolo

homeyjay
Explorer

Thanks, I already went there and found no clear answer one way or another so I just went ahead and took a chance and installed Win 10 anyway.

My VAIO is working perfectly in Win10 apart from one small problem:

When it wakes up from sleep, it doesnt conncet to the net. the wifi adapter is off and it says that there are no networks to connect to. The only way I can get it to connect is to run the troubleshooter and that will then activate the wifi and connect to the network. Once its connceted, it stays connected until I turn the PC off again.

I suspect that the Wifi card has gone to sleep and is not waking up but there seem to be now power saving settings for the Broadcom card anywhere.

Model number is : SVD1321M2EW and Broadcom Driver version that's installed is:5.93.104.5

Everything else is 100% working!

Any ideas?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall (Action menù > Scan for hardware changes) the Wi-Fi Adapter in Device management? After installation, the System use the Windows 10 pre installed driver...

Manolo

homeyjay
Explorer

I just tried that but its installed the same version of the software. Was I supposed to click the 'delete software' box when I was uninstalling the driver?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes because if you don't delete the Broadcom driver the System reinstall again it and not install the Windows 10 driver.
Have you downloaded the Broadcom driver or the System has downloaded himself?

Try...

Manolo

homeyjay
Explorer

I didn't delete the driver because I thought that if I deleted the driver, I'd have no wifi to download the driver again!

It it ok to delete the driver then?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Download a copy of this driver before delete...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
homeyjay
Explorer

ok, ive done this but now I seem to have an older version of the driver installed! I installed teh default Win10 driver and then asked it to update the driver and it downloaded and installed ver 5.93.102.10

I think this is an older version but I'll shut the laptop down and see what happens!