Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio vgn-nw21sf operating system not found

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
MonicaAnd
Visitor

Vaio vgn-nw21sf operating system not found

Major problem. The computer froze and when I restarted it I got a black screen with the message "operating system not found". Have no recovery disc. The computer is only six months old. What can I do and what happened?

I had Windows 7 on the computer. Don´t care about the files, there is a backup on them, but I don´t have any backup on the op system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi MonicaAnd,

Your vaio made need a repair so I suggest you contact Vaio support by clicking on the following link:Vaio support

Then under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi MonicaAnd,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Most  Vaio's has a hidden HDD recovery partition so you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the  original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used  your Vaio.

To   do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press  F10  repeatedly this should start the recovery utility and allow you  restore the Sony supplied OS and applications..

profile.country.sv_SE.title
MonicaAnd
Visitor

Hello

Thanks for your answer. I have tried this but it doesn´t work. The same message comes up...... :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi MonicaAnd,

Your vaio made need a repair so I suggest you contact Vaio support by clicking on the following link:Vaio support

Then under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch