Join now - be part of our community!

vgc-v3s, line across the screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
vesbobic
Visitor

vgc-v3s, line across the screen

i have sony vaio vgc-v3s model.
3cm wide vertical line appeared across the monitor running from top to bottom. the line is flashing, (flickering) with horizontal lines running across. what could be the problem and is it possible to deal with easily?
thank you

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi vgc vaio,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Do you get the same problems when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get the same problem in the BIOS.?

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..

vesbobic
Visitor

thank you for your reply. did what you told me.
i definitely have the problem in BIOS.
in safe mode the line is just visable although not flashing (perhaps because the screen is black then.
any ides now?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi vgc vaio,

unfortunately I suspect it could be either a cabling problem or a more expensively the screen.. :slight_frown:

vesbobic
Visitor

thank you for your reply.
what do you mean with cabling problem-is it possible to test it?
if it is the screen do you know the best way to make sure it is the screen problem and where to go from here. i am not sure that it is possible to change the screen in this model and how.
thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi vgc vaio,

what do you mean with cabling problem-is it possible to test it?

Only by opening up your Vaio and checking the connections..

if it is the screen do you know the best way to make sure it is the screen problem and where to go from here. i am not sure that it is possible to change the screen in this model and how.

I suggest you either contact Sony Vaio support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

See if a local repairer in your area can give you an quote for repair, then depending on the cost decide what course of action to take..

vesbobic
Visitor

thank you.
still think there should be a way of finding out what is wrong with the screen/display before taking it to a repairer.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

still think there should be a way of finding out what is wrong with the screen/display before taking it to a repairer.

As I said the only way to check the conections is to open the casing, other than that I think getting quote from a repairer is probably the best way forward..

C46R11
Visitor

i also have the same problem, which just popped up yesterday.

i tried safe mode but the problem doesnt go away, i've also tried retoring the pc to factory settings, but it's still there.

Next im going to try buying a DDR ram memory module to see if that helps, as damaged RAM can lead to lines on screen.

i've taken the screen out and tested it, by connecting it to a laptop. the screen then seems to be fine, without any glitchy lines or so.

My guess is that it is, either the video card, loose connections or a Leaky RAM memory module (LEAKS MEMORY). as it is a DDR Module, with 512mb, can be very FRAGILE, because its anctient.. :dizzy:

I'll keep posting on this topic..

gugabackhand
Visitor

Hi C46R11, this would mean that it's a hardware issue. The display itself. I would check my warranty on this. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif