Join now - be part of our community!

volume control display problem

Dekesh
Visitor

volume control display problem

hi ive got a sony vaio ar11m and like a lot of vaios it has a button for volume up and volume down. when either of these buttons are pressed a green volume level bar is seen on the screen to indicate the current volume setting. similarly a green text acknowledges the mute on and off. this has not been appearing all of a sudden when pressing either volume up or down and mute buttons. Does anybody know how to get the laptop to display this again. this maybe similar on other laptops so if anybody has resolved this on their laptops please post any possible solutions. any help would be much apprieciated. thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15
Dekesh
Visitor

i think i have got a slightly different problem. my shortcut keys are working. just dont get confirmation on the screen when they are pressed

CrazyCow
Visitor

That's weird. Have you deleted anything since you got your laptop or wasn't they working from the day you've got the computer?

Dekesh
Visitor

it was working fine but it stopped. I have disabled some services as well to make the laptop boot up faster. I mite have turned off a service that this requires. I went through the service list and it seemed ok. maybe I have disabled something using the msconfig utility as well. Any ideas on which processes or services need to be running for this?

sammiimmas
Visitor

The volume option in the systems tray doesnt do it for me but when using the blue fn key towards the bottom left and then the volume keys F3 and F4 the green appears maybe yours is ike this too?

Sammi

Dekesh
Visitor

well i cant use function and f3 or f4 keys for volume control as the volume keys are seperate on the AR series

Len_v
Visitor

Have you solved the problem yet? I now have the same problem.. And i also can not control the volume when playing a game.

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

it was working  fine but it stopped. I have disabled some services as well to make the laptop boot up faster. I mite have turned off a service that this requires. I went through the service list and it seemed ok. maybe I have disabled something using the msconfig utility as well. Any ideas on which processes or services need to be running for this?

DO NOT DISABLE THE SERVICES. You disabled the green display in the services tab. ENABLE all the services again restart laptop and it will work again...If you want to know wich one you should enable everytime 1 service and restart untill you find the one wich causing the problem

For people who don't know how go to this link:

How to get green display back because I was messing up my services tab

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

it was working  fine but it stopped. I have disabled some services as well to make the laptop boot up faster. I mite have turned off a service that this requires. I went through the service list and it seemed ok. maybe I have disabled something using the msconfig utility as well. Any ideas on which processes or services need to be running for this?

Hahaha idiot DO NOT DISABLE THE SERVICES. You disabled the green display in the services tab. ENABLE all the services again restart laptop and it will work again...If you want to know wich one you should enable everytime 1 service and restart untill you find the one wich causing the problem

For people who don't know how go to this link:

How to get green display back because I was messing up my services tab

Hi Carelino,

It's not very polite to call other club members an idiot...