Join now - be part of our community!

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MJBALTIC
Explorer

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

I was trying to update my VAIO SVL2413M1EB today, as Microsoft has offered me Windows 10 and I can't do it.

Update gives me an error and nothing is working.

SONY, it's very bad !!!

I know you have abandoned VAIO, but don't force people to get rid of all your products, because you will loose even more at the end.

My friend has got HP laptop 3 times cheaper then my SONY VAIO and he was able to update everything straight away and everything works !!!

SONY SUCKS !!!

70 REPLIES 70
onepablo
Explorer

@lencova wrote:

It is mid June and I have not seen any issues. My Sony VPCSE1E1E installed almost OK but W10 did not recognize the camera (I managed to install some driver from Sony) and the screen brightness on the notebook randomly jumps from what I selected to 10 percent, dificult to see in daylight (have to use external Samsung monitor).

The rest seems to work, except that W10 use a different vocabulary than W7 and they bother me with unnecessary junk.

Help welcome - which drivers are needed?

Regards

Lencova, Brno, Czechia

Could you link us to the driver please?  I'm having no joy.

davwilso29
Explorer

My VAIO is also working perfectly well with Windows 10, no problems at all.

| | Virus-free. www.avast.com |
profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

Re: > W10 did not recognize the camera.
One of the Win10 updates affected my webcam (VPCCB with ArcSoft Webcam Companion 4) so that it stopped working. I was able to set that application to run in 'compatability mode' - which fixed the problem for me.

Re: >the screen brightness on the notebook randomly jumps from what I selected to 10 percent.
I had that problem too, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think it was perhaps conflict between the VAIO ControlCentre energy saving setting and Windows own energy saving setting;disable one or the other and see if that helps.

Win10 on this VAIO VPCCB4C5E is working well now.
--Barry--

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

@davwilso29 wrote:
My VAIO is also working perfectly well with Windows 10, no problems at all.

| | Virus-free. www.avast.com |

Which build of WIn 10? Which model VAIO do you have? Is Vaio Control Centre working? Sorry for all the questions but my SVE1513A4E was working fine with WIn 10 until the April Update (version 1803).  Still works but without the VAIO Control Centre which I can't re-install.  Sony support response is basically "tough" (or to be more exact - it isn't supported in Win 10.)

Sony is 💩. Had two Vaios which both packed up after only 5 years. No wonder they got out if the computing business. They should be sued for selling items unfit for purpose. Never buy anything Sony EVER AGAIN. 😡😡😡

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Although this is off topic the first VAIO I bought is still working after 15 years...

Some models were built to last although it is not running the latest OS.
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

@Nobody-in-particular wrote:
Although this is off topic the first VAIO I bought is still working after 15 years...

Some models were built to last although it is not running the latest OS.

To be fair my VAIO is also working fine with Windows 10 64 bit latest build, the issue is with Sony specific software, which isn't by any means essential - just curious to know if anyone has got it working on Windows 10.

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

My Vaio is VPCCB4C5E (from 2012, originally with 64-bit Win 7 Pro) now running 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS version  7.1.13.1088 (latest update).
My Sony VAIO Care (version 8.4.6.05116) still seems to be working OK, although I don't use it that for performance and clean-up tweeks now - I use IOLO System Mechanic (current version 17.5.1.43).

I'm sorry that Sony decided to get-out of the computer business, but I've been satisfied with every Sony bit of kit that I've ever purchased.

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

- What happens when you try to install Control Centre?

Are you installing a Control Centre that was produced for Windows 8.1?  I am using an older version of Control Centre (from 8.1) with each fresh install  of Windows 10 and I am then updating the Control Centre to the Windows 10 version using  EP0000601208.   I am using an SVF model.

I found EP0000601208 on the US support site.

Is there a risk is using a software update which is not for your exact model? Yes. But what choice do you have?  :grin: The sony support for your model is history. The models supported by EP0000601208 include several SVE15 models. I am going to assume you have a back up of your installation.
Is EP0000601208  a stand alone installer or just a Control Centre updater? I don't know. There is only 1 way to find out.  I have only used it to update my old 8.1 version Control Centre which installs fine in W10 without using compatibility mode.    

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

DrMopp,

I see from the other thread that you have got Control Centre working!