Join now - be part of our community!

Charging Bluetooth Wireless Haedphones

SOLVED
bob222

Charging Bluetooth Wireless Haedphones

Hi All.

I have just bought these headphones, model MDR-ZX330BT. The instruction leaflet states charge using USB port on computer. Is ther any reason for not using a USB phone charger giving output of 5.3v 2.0A or the USB port on my Bravia TV. Replies with advice would be good

Thanks. Bob222

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
petermonger
Explorer

Good news, Sony should comment as such, with an appropriate disclaimer, as part of the charging advice. Hopefully, the Sony adapter that came with my Xperia Z3 compact will be safe enough! Thank you.

bob222

Thanks to all replies to my message enquiry. I think that it is a poor show from Sony that they have not updated the charging using more appropriate usb sources. I have a sony bravia tv with usb port so will use this rather than have to mess around with pc etc.

happy new year to you all.

bob222.

profile.country.GB.title
Benmorsky
Explorer

How risky is to you use an Apple usb phone charger?

DIaneGarcia
Explorer

I just bought these in US & will be returning them. I don't even use a laptop anymore. I have computers & laptops in my office but I travel with an iPhone & iPad. Keep up Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
llzgarcia
New

I agree with the consensus that Sony has been unhelpful in the extreme. I personally cannot leave my laptop on for 2 1/2 hours in order to charge my earphones. I'm going to charge them from an outlet which I assume will work just fine. If not, I'll let you know.

bob222

My feelings the same regarding charging. I have been using standard 3 pin charger for 14 months now with no problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
Dargan42
New

Have just purchased Sony WH-1000MX2’s after what I thought was an exhaustive comparison process but I missed this glaring issue. I am really annoyed that I have spent so much money on these headphones and then find out after reading that you are supposed to use the USB outlet on a computer. I mean what century are these guys in? I dont even have a laptop and I am hardly going to lug a desktop onto a plane which is where I planned to use these!!! I would be using a portable power pack or even plane charging USB’s which are prevalent now. As far as I know no other headphone makes this statement (and you have to read every page to pick this up among 4 SONY pdf’s I have downloaded on these headphones) I would argue that in Australia, where I am writing from, and where I purchased that if there were any problems with charging these from a readily available USB charger that I could claim these as ‘not fit for purpose’ under Australian consumer law if the charger meets the industry specifications for an USB charger. This has left me uncertain now about my purchase.

profile.country.GB.title
llzgarcia
New

This is my problem as well. However, even when I charge the earphones on my
laptop I can't get my cell phone to make a Bluetooth connection with them.
So having spent more than I should have in order to get a reliable name
brand device, I now have a useless piece of expensive electronic garbage.
I'm very unhappy about it.

When I complained to Sony I was directed to the post from Australia. How is
that supposed to help? Is this support group supposed to count as customer
service?
profile.country.GB.title
Tammo5151

Hello I have just bought Sony headphones and now I realise there is a problem with charging I don’t take a computer on holiday so what do I do to charge up my headphones 

profile.country.GB.title
Billghon
Explorer

It really sucks that Sony hasn't contacted us with an alternative method of charging. Come on Sony get with the program or we may never by Sony products again.