Join now - be part of our community!

jelly bean

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anubis619
Visitor

jelly bean

when or if is the original sony tablet s getting the jelly bean update as i know the usa recently had un update giving them some experia features.would like to know how far sony is commiting to the tablet s thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

monkeyboy69 wrote:

I doubt very much that Jelly Bean will ever be rolled out for the S.  I doubt that the S will ever see anymore upgrades EVER.  They want us to buy the Experia and then the next model after that ad infinitum.  Remember, upgrades don't make them money but shiny brand new hardware does and i'm sure that while we, the general public keep falling for it, they, Sony, will keep sticking it to us.

I don't think the Tablet S will receive the Jelly bean update but a far as I am aware the EU Tablet S should be getting a similar update to the one Sony USA released a couple of months ago..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I am not able to get an actual release date but hopefully it will be soon..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.el_GR.title
eliasg777
Visitor

Same question from me... but SONY don't reply!! 

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

USA got the ICS update months before us. I hopeful Sony will soon realise that the world exists outside of America and give non American customers some service soon.

profile.country.IT.title
ellebubi
Explorer

On the Italian Official Sony Tablet Facebook Page it is stated that presently there is no intention of updating the Tablet S to JellyBean 4.1

It is a real mistake, since every article I read makes it clear 4.1 works very well on older hardware and substantially improves user interface and experience:

"Android's interface was capable of smoothness on sufficiently fast hardware (see our Optimus G review for evidence of that), but Jelly Bean brought smoothness even to older hardware like theMotorola Xoom and first-generation Kindle Fire. Using Android finally felt as good as using iOS or Windows Phone."

See:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/review-android-4-2-is-a-sweeter-tasting-jelly-bean/

I think Sony should have more respect towards its customers and release an official statement on a future 4.1-4.2 update for Tablet S. It would be worth waiting for.

Message was edited by: ellebubi

monkeyboy69
New

I doubt very much that Jelly Bean will ever be rolled out for the S.  I doubt that the S will ever see anymore upgrades EVER.  They want us to buy the Experia and then the next model after that ad infinitum.  Remember, upgrades don't make them money but shiny brand new hardware does and i'm sure that while we, the general public keep falling for it, they, Sony, will keep sticking it to us.

anubis619
Visitor

what I dont understand is why the usa got an update to bring it more in line with the experia for example the multi user option and a few other things it just doesn't seem fair what is sony playing

profile.country.IT.title
ellebubi
Explorer

Well, different manufacturers have different policies. As to what I read, Asus and others are very quick in rolling out OS updates. Sony and others are slower, when clearly not resposive to customers expectations. Sony is free to do what it wants, but this is not the way to keep customers' brand loyalty.

If Sony does not release what it is commonly reputed to be a valid update (and suitable for S hardware) I am sure I will never buy another Sony Tablet and I will dissuade others from doing so.

After all, I bought my S less than six month ago and I was very satisfied with its HW features. Sony wants it to become rapidly obsolescent and this turns out to be a big disappointment. At least, let them hear our customers' voices.

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

Sony has been hounding me for a couple of weeks to complete an online customer service survey which I finally didd today. In the comments section I suggested that Sony should declare amnesty for all customers whose tablet s was still in warranty when the Xperia tablet was released and trade them up free of charge. Then I laughed out loud!

Message was edited by: Chayton69

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

monkeyboy69 wrote:

I don't think the Tablet S will receive the Jelly bean update but a far as I am aware the EU Tablet S should be getting a similar update to the one Sony USA released a couple of months ago..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I am not able to get an actual release date but hopefully it will be soon..:smileysad:

bason2010
New

i think the only way we will get jelly bean is to put it on our self as sony are useless when it comes to getting any replies to any questions so i would start searching my friends but it will void you warranty but we all brought sony tablet s but we were ginnie pigs:smileyangry:

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Profanity removed