Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

Hi! 

Bought a 32gb Xperia Tablet S last Monday and am happy with it.   I have this issue at the moment and would appreciate any advice.

If I do not use the tablet for a time, it goes into a 'standby mode' and I can touch the power switch to wake it up.  I then slide the unlock icon to make all active again.  :slight_smile:

However, after a period of non-use, my tablet switches off completely and I have to reboot and can see the SONY screen and then XPERIA screen, before it boots and is ready to use.  :thinking:

Occasionally this reboot happens within 5 minutes of being in sleep mode.:smileycry:

In Settings -> Display,  I have set the Power save mode as checked,  and Sleep is after 2 minutes.  Also in Settings, Developers options, stay awake is checked but I know this relates to when the tablet is being charged

Please can you advise me if there is any settings that I need to change or if I have been unlucky and have a faulty tablet and will need to return it to the Sony Store!

I was told that the tablet has an 'Eco Mode'  but that does not make sense because powering off means no mail check etc etc!

Ofiaich

88 REPLIES 88
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

got any news yet cous i got mail now from sony, got promised info @ 4 march.

also got promised by another community manager at other forum he'll would investigate this issue and report back in less then a week kindy nearly a week now.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

fee.666 wrote:

I received an email from Sony Edinburgh office and have called 3 times but couldn't talk with the Sony representative. He called me whilst I was driving...

I called again this morning! No luck. so now waiting for him to call me again..

edit Had a good 50 minute talk with the Edinburgh office... and will await further advice...

Should hear what to do today.. await Jelly Bean or return Tablet..

fee.666

Message was edited by: fee.666

Glad to read someone has been in contact..:smileyhappy:

Zerokewl

If you get told xperia tablet s gets no jellybean just tell him that already been promised in first quarter off 2013, and tell about current issues with tablet thats keeping everyone from buying tablet at the momment.

@ these forums they are freaking out btw about bunch post that are deleted, but they aren't deleted their links are just broken.

Moderators are bit lazy over their probably being overwhelmed by issue atm.

http://community.sony.com/t5/Sony-Tablet/bd-p/tablet-general

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

Zerokewl

Already found cause off tablet shutdowns.

coppied log to gmail send it over to check on my computer with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xtralogic.android.logcollector&feature=search_resu...

Turns out demuxer responsible for streaming data off storage or net thats supose to split it into chunks off data having errors.

Bassicly the momment it gets error large chunk data is missing the tablet will still however try to play that data that ain't their instead off playing it will cause video corruption followed by shutdown when some one try to restart the video or play another video or open large file.

i hope sony dev can take a look at demuxer now and fix it and release a fast update 4.0.3 (release7a) to fix this issue or hurry up with jelly bean if thats what it takes to fix it.

cous tablet shutdowns for month's ain't funny at all and i don't wanna wait 2-3 more month's just to get it fixed.

Anyway here's a part off the log around same time that my tablet shutdown.

have to paste it as a link because if i paste it just paste my current post, sony should perhaps fix this site.

xLite H264DecoderInit : Opening TVMR H264 block

03-05 06:12:20.640 D/NvOsDebugPrintf( 147): NvxLiteH 264D ecoderSecureInit : Opening TVMR H264 block 03-05 06:12:20.640 I/NuCachedSource2( 147) : ERROR _END _OF_STREAM 03-05 06:12:20.640 E/OdekakeDcfFile( 151): ERROR[m_pOdekakeDcfDemuxer==NULL]

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

fee.666,

if the information I have been given is correct then your tablet is being collected by Sony this week, could you update us as & when you recieve any information please.?

profile.country.BE.title
dcrijns
New

Same issue here, I send my complaint to our consumer advise in Belgium but no luck either with pressing Sony support. Only thing they suggest is sending the damn device back to Sony. Which will be the 3rd time they have it.

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

my current situation is an absolute joke....

My tablet was collected on Wednesday 20th March and was received in France the next day...

Then nothing changes at all on their 'repair process status' for many many days...

I keep phoning Edinburgh for them to chase things up and was told that last Tuesday 9th, it was ready for return but final testing revealed the mother board to be faulty..so now it needs a new motherboard.

The Edinburgh customer services helpline is always busy and the operator can't put me through...so I am promised a call-back...

We are now enetering the 4th week that my Xperia Tablet has been with Sony.

This is totally riduculous...

I also received a call from the Egypt Help Centre telling me to change the channels on my home Wi-Fi and all will be OK. They did not know that my tablet was in France being repaired.

The stupid thing about changing channels on my home Wi-Fi is that the problem exists on all W-Fi networks...

edit ----- Expecting another call about it on Monday now..

fee.666

Message was edited by: fee.666

profile.country.en_GB.title
djruff
Visitor

Hi,

From my experiences with Sony they are struggling with software and hardware stability with the Xperia product lines.

As for the customer care team, they're probably doing their best with the mandate they've been given to handle a poor product line. We're still waiting for another failed Xperia product to be returned, software and hardware glitches to be solved, the list goes on and on.

Failing any satisfactory response from customersupport.EN@eu.sony.com try kdepauw@eu.sony.com - a name proffering some responsibility on a repair document, may head up repairs or could just be a motherboard welder.

I woudn't hold out much hope though, from a business with third quarter losses of $500m, flogging assets and facing fierce competition.

We won't be the first or last to buy a duff product and suffer from 2nd rate customer service, time to face facts, move on and make a replacement purchace.

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

I have received my Xperia Tablet S back now and the right side of the casing does not fit as flush as the left side.

The right side is completely smooth between the silver and black surfaces but the right side is not and the bottom right corner is not smooth at all!

If I was buying a new one, and noticed this, I certainly would not buy !!

WiFi has not dropped as yet...

Android update due today but not for Europe yet....