Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer data from one Z2 to another Z2

SOLVED
Dumle
Visitor

Transfer data from one Z2 to another Z2

Hi,

We have an Experia Z2 tablet that the screen is broken on. It starts up and works, but the touch funcion does not work.

My question is: 

Is it possible to tranfer everything from this tablet to a new Z2 tablet? My kid spent a lot of money on a games that is on the broken tablet. I don´t care soo much for the other things, but all the game data is very important.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You could buy a USB OTG cable to connect a mouse and access the tablet like that. After, you can use Xperia Transfer to move all your stuff. Athough, you might not be able to move all games with their data to the new tablet.

alexdon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You could buy a USB OTG cable to connect a mouse and access the tablet like that. After, you can use Xperia Transfer to move all your stuff. Athough, you might not be able to move all games with their data to the new tablet.

alexdon
Dumle
Visitor

Thanks!

I will try this. If it not works for the games, maybe I can copy the folder where the game save this information.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You can try that, keep us updated. But if the game won't see that folder, I think there isn't much you can do.

alexdon
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Dumle,

To add to what alexdon said, Xperia Transfer is not able to move downloaded apps and their data between devices. The apps themselves are tied to the Google account that was used when they were downloaded so as long as you sign in to Google Play with the same Google account you should be able to download them again through "My Apps" without having to pay for them.

Regarding the game data the app would have to use some kind of cloud service to save the data if you were to be able to continue from where you left off on another device. As an example, some apps allows you to sign in with your Facebook account and stores game progress that way. If the app only saves the data locally on the device I'm afraid all data and progress will be lost. Slightly_frowning_Face

Dumle
Visitor

Thanks for your answers, I will try everything to get this fixed. I´ll will reply if I get it to work Slightly_smiling_Face

Christofer
Champion

Please do if you find a way. Slightly_smiling_Face

Dumle
Visitor

Hi,

I just got my kids Z2 tablet back. I used the OTG cable as you said and I could go in to the tablet and open apps and so on.

I started the game that my kid spent alot of money on, and I saw that he had not used any login options, so I tried to use his e-mail to connect the games to his google account. Then I downloaded the game on the new tablet, installed it and logged in with his e-mail. The game said it was a conflict, and asked which device I want to use. So I pick his new on and everything is back Slightly_smiling_Face

And I have a very happy kid now! 😄

Thanks alot guys for the help!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Dumle Great, enjoy your new tablet.

alexdon
Christofer
Champion

Great to hear indeed! Thanks for letting us know that it worked out for you. Slightly_smiling_Face