Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

SOLVED
pantalej
Explorer

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Google Play Store. When I open the application its Home screen flickers with what is supposed to be shown, you know... apps and such, and then it goes empty - there is nothing shown. As seen here: device-2015-12-13-172513.png

Anyone have the same problem? Or better yet a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

FIXED WITH LATEST GOOGLE PLAY STORE 6.3.6.1.B

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please check the following

1. Ensure the TV is connected to your home network and can access the internet (goto Help > View Network status > check connection)
  2. Ensure you have signed into an active google account (goto Setting, under personal section you should see a google icon with your email address)

Cheers

pantalej
Explorer

Both are OK

1. I have internet connection (IPv4 and IPv6)

2. I have active google account

Also, I forgot to mention that My Apps is empty but Games have the apps shown.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.  For some reason the tv is not happy about something.  Not come across this issue so far, so i can only make suggestions.

As the TV is setup on the network, can you please try a reboot.  Press and hold the power button on the remote control for 6 to 10 seconds, this should force a restart.

Failing that, if that doesnt work, is to factory reset the tv.  Which means setting it up again, so do the reboot first.

pantalej
Explorer

The restart doesn't do the job.

The issue was present before the December 8 update and just after the update it worked once and then was present again.

I suspect something with the acceptence of the user agreement but I don't want to do factory reset for the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, i guess if you didnt accept the agreement, then you will need to.

Try:

1. Press help on remote and goto privacy settings at the bottom and select 'i agree'
  2. Try removing google account in the tv setting and then re-adding.
pantalej
Explorer

Well, I did accept the agreement, but it showed twice - no matter that I have accepted it the first time.

On this round of suggestions...

1. Accepted again privacy settings - No effect

2. Removed my google account and then re-added it - it had quite the effect, now starting Google Play Store just gives "Server error" and a Retry button... and that's it.

pantalej
Explorer

OK, after factory reset the Play Store starts and works before restart. After TV restart again it does not show Home or My Apps screens. And now after factory reset in Settings > +Add Account is also empty and I can't add SEN account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have no other suggestions, so i have escalated your issue to Sony Support and have advised them of the troubleshooting steps you have done thus far.  Someone should be contacting you.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

casper501
Explorer

I have the same fault on my tv..This has only happened after my tv updated to the wrong firmware..It updated from EU to American

Hope this helps you