Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix problems

Shrek2015
Explorer

Netflix problems

Ever since the recent update I have not been able to access Netflix. I get Error code ui-800-3 (%MSL_INTERNAL+CODE%)  I have searched this forum and much more but none of the solutions given has worked for me. I am able to access Netflix ok on another televison which is not Sony. Help please ?

My Model is 

KD-55X8509C

49 REPLIES 49
hinchers
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue on a Sony Bravia KDL43w805.

I can find no fix on-line any suggestions welcome.

profile.country.GB.title
eddieward10
Explorer

i am in same position. - kD-49x8305c. I have sent an email to Sony support. I will update post if and when i get a solution.

Shrek2015
Explorer

Further to the netflix problems, I have discovered that the only HDMI cable it recognises is for Audio Surround but not  playstation so can't use that either. Bought this Tv in December 2015 and Rue the day we did. Have had nothing but problems with it !

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@eddieward10

Try Ironduke's solution:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/solution-for-netflix-not-working/td-p/2164836/page/3

You can use your Android Phone as modem router instead of an Iphone.

Step 1
Connect the USB cable’s smaller end to your Android phone and the other end to your computer (Hope it works for TV instead of PC).
Step 2
On phone Press the “Home” button and then the “Menu” button.
Step 3
Tap “Settings,” “More” from the Wireless & Networks section and then “Tethering & Portable Hotspot.”
Step 4
Check “USB Tethering” to establish a USB data connection on your computer or TV. (make sure your Android phone is connected to computer or TV through USB)
Step 5
Click on network tab in task bar of your Laptop/PC(Hope for TV also), after some time it will start internet – check by using your browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

It seems Sony has updated its support article since last time i view it.  see:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/131513/kw/

It appears it is still a problem for some people.  I will contact Sony for more information and post back when i do.

Cheers

Cliffage64
Explorer
ts830s
Explorer

Same issue here too. TV is Model KD55X9005. I have lost count of the times I have nearly returned the set! Oh for the good old days of no software updates :slight_smile: Hopefully the next update will fix it, and not cause other issues!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Can people confirm that they have tried disabling Parental Controls and BT Protect in your BT account settings?

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/solution-for-netflix-not-working/td-p/2164836

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
assimb
Explorer

i dont have any parental controls on my BT broadband & have tried all the other ways i.e clear cache but nothing has worked.

very frustrating that we have had no update from sony its been a good few days now.