Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
imant64

New firmware update successful build is now ..

SVPDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S185 3.179 release-keys

Just played 45 ish minutes of Avatar 3D  (used to pop up for fun) and glad to report no "screen format: full"  popups,  would have said I was happy but after this long wait I am just glad its fixed.

Not check what else has been changed / updated / fixed (dare I say ... or broken) but it willnot be until tonight I get to check it out in more detail.

Hope others are fiding the same :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

265 REPLIES 265
Qwerty77.
Explorer

reboot tv.if its anything like my sky box a reboot does the trick.resets the tv.when i have trouble i shut everything down for 5 minutes and start afresh.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Yeah already tried this, as said did a complete reset. So wondering if I am missing an option to disable notifications until the bug is fixed?

ezeest

I've got the same problem and tried everything, I'm sure the stupid unnecessary banner did not exist before the latest update. As you say makes the 3D function useless now. It just shows they don't fully test the update prior to release, Sony you need to sort this out ASAP!!!

smartyd
Explorer

I've got same. Spent a fortune on this TV and not happy

smartyd
Explorer

Think I've sussed it. I was having same problem every 5 mins. So I played about with setting and eventually got to the settings for ithe Inputs. On the inputs you an select what input it is. I'm currently watching blurays on Sony Pllaystation on HDMI2. So I selected Bluray as the device for HDMI2 and the pop up has not appeared during the film I was watching in 3D. I'll let you know if it returns

smartyd
Explorer

@Risc0n wrote:

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

Think I've sussed it. I was having same problem every 5 mins. So I played about with setting and eventually got to the settings for ithe Inputs. On the inputs you an select what input it is. I'm currently watching blurays on Sony Pllaystation on HDMI2. So I selected Bluray as the device for HDMI2 and the pop up has not appeared during the film I was watching in 3D. I'll let you know if it returns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If anyone can confirm if the potential fix posted by smartyd resolves the problem, it would be appreciated.  Either way, I have reported this issue to Sony.  See HERE for further updates on this issue when they are available.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@smartyd wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

This won't work for me as I am using a single hdmi 4 connected to my amp which is where everything is plugged in.

ezeest

I have the 65S8505C with the same 3D issue and this fix has NOT worked for me, SONY just need to delete the banner from the software, I have tried playing a 3D disc through my PS4 and my SONY BD player and it makes no difference. There is not one setting I haven't tried changing either!