Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
ds1234
Visitor

with xvid in particular (i've not confirmed with others): (here's what i posted before):

"I notice there are a lot of posts regarding .avi files not playing, i don't know the cure but i *think* i know what the problem is.  It appears Sony is one of the few media players that has an issue with a non-zero wBitsPerSample value in the MP3 audio format structure.  The video file will play perfectly well for almost every player i've tried but the codec Sony uses in their firmware cannot cope with this for some reason.

(the quick and relatively easy workaround is to use Virtualdub to re-save the avi using 'direct stream' audio and video (no re-encode is necessary) as it resets the wBitsPerSample value to zero).

I don't know how easy it would be to solve this issue but can't imagine it'd be impossible nor too problematic (perhaps as simple as setting something to ignore non-zero values) but it'd certainly solve a large number of complaints about problematic avi/xvid/divx files."

i genuinely suspect a lot of the complaints regarding files downloaded off the internet and being played on the tv are as a direct result of the 'non-zero' issue.  It appears that most other tvs and media players ignore this 'fault' but the file itself is perfectly fine.

thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Bearjosh

Cursor position - this must be an issue on your PC as its fine for me - what browser are you using? Maybe try switching to chrome or Firefox as I access this forum across 5 different different devices and multiple browsers and never come across this glitch.

With regards to the remote - the bundled remotes are basically identical devices rolled out globally and there may well be other reasons why it was dropped which I'm unaware of. The smartphone app could theoretically be adjusted, I'll certainly put forward the suggestion, but just to manage expectactions it could well take a little while depending on existing development schedule etc.

Thanks

bearjosh
Visitor

Thanks Catambo for your  response re Channel recall button. Surely one should not need two remotes just to be able to have this much requested feature.Later remotes    with the "Home" button just need the first item brought up to be the "Recently viewed channels" or "History"....problem solved. Surely ths could be implemented straight away???? The other items need to be programmed so that the most often used ones are the quickest to access . I   have made this point many times now with no response at all.

Yours, most frustrated

Bearjosh.

Time taken to enter this text over 15 minutes because of cursor position error on this page. Why can this not be corrected????

Message was edited by: bearjosh

bearjosh
Visitor

Hi Catambo

Many thanks for your response, most appreciated.

I am using Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7. I have seen another comment re an issue with text input, so beleive that I am not alone.

However re the last channel viewed issue it seems  that there are a great number of Sony viewers who want this feature, so it is well worth waiting for. There are at least two ways it could be accomplished. One by using the "Back" button when in normal viewing mode as this button currently has no effect when viewing a program, or Two  by altering the sequence of options when using the "Home" button to bring  up recently viewed programs/history first,  these would solve the problem.

Again many thanks in anticipation of a change.

Bearjosh

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

I don`t think that hardware limitations would prevent this year devices to play MKV files.

At least my CX520 is playing full HD .mp4 files perfectly. The only problem is that it wouldn`t play it with external subtitles - srt files.

And I don`t think that my 3 years old WD TV Live or a Samsung 32C5000 have more processing power.

Is there any way to see exactly what CPU has my TV?

Regards

profile.country.lt_LT.title
Edvinas9
Visitor

Hi all,

I have a KDL-40EX720 and I would like to see the following implemented in a future firmware:

• More widgets (now only Facebook & Twitter),
  • Skype chats,
  • Support Flash for web browsing,
  • Youtube video option to set HD,
  • Youtube 3D (http://www.youtube.com/3d),
  • Return button - back to last viewed channel,
  • More video formats support. (example: avi,mkv and so on...)

Regards,

E.

profile.country.sl_SI.title
1337zoki
Visitor

there was an update of tv software few days ago and subtitles of videos played from USB are still usless.

font is way to thin. I understad that creating user interface for changing fonts is not so easy now but at least you could put better default font.

If IDX subtitles were supported at least that would temporary solve problem.

About the back to previous channel button. Can't you make the RETURN/BACK button go to previously watched channel when the picutre is in full screen (no widgets, menus etc). I don't understand why is that only affordable on phone app since RETURN/BACK button has no function when watching channel in full mode.

profile.country.sk_SK.title
slamka33
Visitor

USB recording on Bravia internet television works great, but, there is a small disadvantage which should be added via firmware.

Recording is only possible via

a) EPR digital program - it will record between exact time of the selected program

b) manual selected times - it will record between selected times.

Unfortunately,  most of television in EU does not start and finish program exactly at  the time as stated in EPR, so recorded program via a) is cutted at the  end (because most of televisions are starting program later).

It will be great if is possible to set some pre-time and post-time which will be added for recording via a).

It means if I select pre-time 5min and post-time 30min, recording will start 5min before time stated in EPR and finish 30min after the ending time in EPR.

Is it please possible??????

bearjosh
Visitor

Re. last channel viewed.

This suggestion was put  directly to Catambo by me and he has said he  will put this forward to the correct department for consideration.

Shelle
Visitor

I am deaf and bought an internet tv thinking that I would be getting extra features.  Sadly this was not the case as I soon discovered that none of the extra internet features are subtitled.

Catambo, you suggest:

Subtitle support for Internet content - this is down to the respective  content partners so best contact them directly to request support for  this.

Presumably this means contacting companies like Youtube, Iplayer and Lovefilm direct to see if they have plans for subtitles.  What about the additional sony channels which I would assume Sony are responsible for?  Do you know who I should be contacting with regards to those?

Thanks