Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
bearjosh
Visitor

Hi

I fully agree with you, that  is generally referred to in my last post. Unfortunately Sony have picked the items under Home with no thought as to their usefullness with the least used items the quickest to reach. Perhaps they were selected by monkeys?

Does anyone find that entering text into this Forum is faulty with the cursor two spaces out of position?

jeebers
New

Hello,

Any plans for a small TV (22-26'') with a DVB-T2 tuner!? I need to replace some old portables now the analogue signal is getting swtiched off and even on small screens some SD programs look poor.

sabih10001
Visitor

URGENT UPDATE REQUIRED...! (STRETCH TO WINDOW/SCREEN)

Please give the option "strech to window" while playing videos.. because some of the resolutions are not played properly..

For example: There is no option to stretch the video of resolutions 1280x544 and 1920x816 and many other resolutions which are not 16/9 in ratio and when i select the "zoom" and "caption" options the video is too much streched and goes out of the screen.

Any update in the coming firmware regarding this issue will be will be really appreciated.

Thanks

robertpedoe
Visitor

I would like to see a picassa ap in the photo section ( would also like 4od and itv player but everyone is asking for that already).

FreeviewPhil
Visitor

Add Series link function to the record to external USB/HDD would be a great addition.

Also the ability to set a record event remotely from the internet or through a mobile app (Android)

Cheers

Phil

Message was edited by: FreeviewPhil

Message was edited by: FreeviewPhil

ruth01.02
Visitor

As per Quick.Response

Good point :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any idea where I go to ask Sony to fix existing features?

bearjosh
Visitor

You can ask but the chances of Sony doing anything are almost nil. Even this text input part is faulty with the cursor many spaces ahead of the text. Nobody seems to care a fig.

My KDL EX series has such stupid basic faults on the software that have not been addressed in spite of many requests and no response from anybody at Sony.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Let me answer off a few of these requests

• Unlikley .MKV will come to this years devices. It needs alot more processing power to cope with the high bitrates.
  • Channel recall button - I'm genuinely suprised this has been mentioned by so many people. Might be able to add this to the smartphone remote app. Bear in mind also you can use any Sony remote control with a Sony TV. I tried a 2009 remote with recall on a 2011 panel and it worked fine, so you may be able to find an old remote on eBay or via Sony spares if you really want the feature.
  • Subtitle support for Internet content - this is down to the respective content partners so best contact them directly to request support for this.
  • General subtitle support - some very good ideas here, have already sent many of these to engineering and sure they have seen the requests on here also.
  • USB recording - this will only ever be able to record one channel as there is on a single digital tuner onboard and isn't designed to offer dedicated PVR levels of funtionality as we also sell those. That said, I know there are developments planned to improve some of the functionality as its a useful feature.
  • Flash support - similar issue to MKV support, processing power and licensing costs restrict this at the moment.
  • More Internet content - Always work in progress - will hopefully have more news in the next month or so.
  • Youtube support - I know there are plans to improve the functionality of the Youtube app including support for HD content. Please bear in mind that much of this development needs to be done by Youtube rather than Sony as they control the UI themselves, but as its a global service, its recognised how important it is.

Hope this helps/clarifies

Thanks

ds1234
Visitor

thanks for the update

any idea of the chances of improved avi support (i highlighted what seems to be a particular difficulty above)?

thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

.avi is the container - do you mean the codec, i.e. divx etc? Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks