Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.fr_FR.title
kervern
Explorer

for hbbtv ----> i'm french :dizzy:

and if any channel play the game it's so pleasure ! for gratis Tv VOD too.

AlexS2011
Visitor

Daft question#1 : If flash is a problem due to being heavy on resources and license fees to Adobe, how about HTML5 support instead ? or does that suffer from the same issues ?

Daft question#2 : If there are problems getting ITV player and 4oD onto the Bravia platform, how about the new RedPlayer facility by RedBee Media ? ( Although I suspect that's a no-go due to it using Cisco technology ).

Daft question#3 : Any chance of DTCP-IP technology coming to Bravia devices so people with Sony PVR's can stream DRM protected HD content over a home network to their Sony TV's,Blu-rays, SMP-N100 or indeed other Sony PVR's..etc ? Sony PVR downstairs, Sony PVR upstairs, record on either, watch on either.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

Nielsen wrote:

On the CIFS client : I have no problem accessing my laptop Win7 PC and browsing shared file directories and start media files supported (both pictures, video and audio).

You`re talking about the DLNA client, which makes use of the Media Server capability in windows 7 and windows media player.

The CIFS client would be able to browse any shared folder on the network (with proper credentials) regardless of the operating system of the system hosting the share.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Thanks for your reply:

Yes I'm happily using the DLNA client, and I was also thinking about the limited access and other OS, but that's not a problem for me yet. Browsing folders using my BRAVIA is tiresome, so limited folders are actually very welcome. Maybe if I in the future wants to add some network HDD or other fancy device and not easily finding any DLNA compliant devices I'll choke in my words.

I was also thinking, since DLNA is a joint standard, maybe the requirement is rather that other systems and OS just has to be DLNA compliant and adding media streaming server capabilities, so SONY can feel free and just be laying back on this issue.

On another topi:c the remote controls lacking capabilities I guess smartphone access are coming up, but will it use bluetooth? Bluetooth interface will besides keybord and mouse also add easy headset attachment.

Brgds Nielsen

Message was edited by: Nielsen

Message was edited by: Nielsen

ollie101
Visitor

Support for usb keyboards of some sort, using the remote for the internet etc is not user friendly, and with future updates some sort of release note so you know any changes...

Also some sort of update to make the 3D better I,ve heard the 3D on my particular set is horrible (EX724). This is holding me back from spending any money on the 3D glasses as it just wont seem justified, woulda been nice if i got a free pair in the box or from registering my set like samsung do, but then thats just asking too much lol :dizzy:

Message was edited by: ollie101

Message was edited by: ollie101

yorkshiresky
Visitor

I was disappointed that following the firmware update no additional TV catchup services were added. BBC Iplayer is awesome of course, 5 on Demand, well it's Channel 5.

Still no sign of ITV Player or 4OD. Are these ever going to make it onto our equipment? Has Sony asked?

Thanks, Will

majikmike
Visitor

Hi

With reference to this forum item - http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/631913#631913 - as someone who has been puzzling over the same problem for more than a year, I would like Sony to provide the ability to display jpg files which have been amended by computer software.

A lot of digital photos need to be tweeked and it does seem very restrictive to not allow them to be displayed. It also makes it impossible to produce a good slide show to to show to family and friends.

Thanks

gillianallen
Visitor

A WiFi Keyboard facility would be nice to do searches with, as the keypad thingy isnt very friendly, well not my friend at least

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

Does any Sony official read this thread?

Is any of these suggestions going to be implemented? I think lots of people are waiting for an answer to this question.

And probably most of them would appreciate an answer to this: Is Sony going to support mkv containers in Bravia devices?

Thanks!

ollie101
Visitor

Restoration of the theatre button, more calibration options. Fix for the issue of 3D glasses coming out of sync. Look at competitors and think how you can better them at an affordable price!